Progress Bar purpose?

What is the purpose of the Progress Bar stack? Is it animated?

You can use it to display data on a site. How far along something is in development, number of donations, etc. That sort of thing. It is animated in the respect that you can have the stripes animate, but the bar itself is not animated in that it will not fill up over time. It is a preset amount based on what you set it to be in the stack’s settings.

Hi Adam.

On the progress bar, I see this is quite an old thread. Is there a way to use the underlying code (or could this be a request in a new version?) to be able to pass a completion variable into the progress bar, so that the value can be dynamically set?

The use case is this:

• I will have a user’s completion through an online course stored in a SQL database
  • I can retrieve (or calculate) the completion % dynamically by a PHP call
  • I’d like to pass this into a progress bar, so it can dynamically update on the page.

If it’s not practical as a Foundry module, any guidance you have on whether it’s possible to define the styling of a progress bar, retrieve the underlying code and then replicate this in an HMTL stack on my page, passing a retrieved value obtained by PHP for the current progress % into the parameters so the progress bar fills in the completed %

Is that feasible to do? If so, which parameters in underlying HTML code need to be adjusted?

Thanks!

Hi @JP_NZ

See this thread for feature requests :+1:

1 Like

Linking the progress bar to an outside data source is beyond what most RapidWeaver users are going to be doing. If you’ve written all of the PHP to do what you’ve outlined you can definitely handle setting the width of a div dynamically based on a percentage from your course’s progress, so there’s no need for you to use the Progress tool to do it.