Quoted text font in Alloy blog posts is different

Hi,

I’ve been using Alloy for a blog site since it was released and it’s great. But there’s always been one issue: not a show-stopper, but an annoyance. In blog posts, quoted text appears in a larger font than the body text. Is there a way to fix that on my end?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Noah

1 Like

Good morning @Noah

Have an example I can take a look at?

Sure thing! Here’s a representative blog post. Note that the quoted text appears in a larger font:

http://whysanepeoplebelievecrazythings.com/crazy-things-book-blog/?id=Yarmulke

Thanks!

Thanks. Yes, that is the blockquote styling for Alloy. Much like the Foundry blockquote the font is larger and there is a border added to it. This matches the default blockquote in Foundry.

Thanks. Is there a way to change it? I’ve always thought that the larger font looks odd.

Not sure if this is the best way to do it, but just click on the content area and when the Stack “Plain Text” box opens just change the font size as you want it to display.

This is unrelated to Alloy, and will not do what @Noah is looking to do.

There is not a setting for styling the blockquotes within Alloy right now. This could be added down the line but for now you’d need to write your own CSS and add it to the Page Inspector to do so right now. I’m deep into a lot of Foundry updates, so feature updates for Alloy aren’t something I’m currently working on.

This should work:

blockquote {
font-size: 16px !important;
}

Paste it in the CSS window in the page inspector, or the site-wide codes settings. Use “paste as plain text” to avoid any formatting problems.

Note this will change all blockquotes on a page.

1 Like

That’s fine for now. Longer-term, would you please put it on the customers’ “wish list”? Thanks.

Thanks, David! I used to know all that stuff, but I haven’t been a real web site developer for over 15 years.

1 Like

It worked! Thanks again, David!

1 Like

@Noah

From above…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: