RapidWeaver 7.1.2 fix the Foundry issues?

Hey All,

Did the RW update attend to the Foundry problem. Was planning to convert another site, but will wait till RW gets sorted out.

Thanks.
Blessings,
—Mark

PS Hope all is OK with you all in FL Adam!

I know that RapidWeaver v7.1.0 and RW 7.0.4 are working fine with Foundry. As stated in another thread v7.1.1 apparently introduced some sort of bug that was causing a user some problems. That user has informed me that v7.1.2 fixed those problems for them, so I would say in that respect you should be good to go. That being said I’ve not had the opportunity to work with v7.1.1 or v7.1.2 at all yet.

Be very careful with equalise columns setting in Foundry projects in RW 7.1.2… Preview may very well convince you that your Mac is in need of an exorcism…

I’m trying to isolate whats going on, but when it happens, boy… you know about it. Definitely some strangeness going on…

1 Like

Have you sent Realmac Software a detailed bug report of what you’re seeing, along with a project file? If not, please do. They’ll likely need the Foundry beta if you do.

Addendum: I’m out of the office today to get cleanup and such done but will look into this stuff when I can. Personally I’ve still got v7.0.4 and 7.1.0 installed here.

@elixirgraphics I am not seeing this issue so far. I will do some further testing to see if it crops up.

I have a project which shows content being impacted ( right hand 50% vanishing! ) when equalise columns is ticked. Untick equalise columns and the content comes back. Definitely was not doing this prior to 7.1.2.

Earlier… when this was happening, in preview on Chrome, the page was constantly reloading and breaking. Could not kill it from within RW and had to stop process. After reboot this is not happening again, but the content is still disappearing when equalise columns is ticked.

As much as I want to I cannot share that project, but I will try to put together a simple example based on that page which shows the issue.

1 Like

I am sure Realmac will appreciate that project file example. Send it over to Dan and he can take a look at it. Like I mentioned, he may need a copy of the beta of Foundry, as I don’t think he’s on that version.

1 Like

When you send that stuff to Dan if you could send me a copy I will see what I can suss out on Monday when I’m back to work. I don’t know if I’ll be much help though since it is sounding like something that may have been introduced with the RW update itself.

I was able to finally get a chance to sit in front of the computer for a few minutes today… I installed v7.1.2 of RapidWeaver and set up a page with a Foundry Columns stack, using beta’s Equalize Height option. I don’t get any odd behavior or missing content in Edit or Preview modes. If you want to send me your project file I’ll be glad to look it over.

Not RW, as far as I can tell.

Have sent you a demo project, Adam. I have a sickening feeling that perhaps I’m missing something fundamental… but I guess we’ll see.

Hope all okay with your house!

Have looked it over. It was that I missed scoping one of the CSS rules for that feature. This thread has sort of veered off course from the original topic and is now discussing beta features. If anyone runs into any problems with RW v7.1.2 and Foundry, please feel free to post them here.

RapidWeaver v7.1.3 is out today. Seems to fix some export issues people were having. I’ve not been seeing any problems with it and Foundry today in my testing. Just thought I’d post here in case anyone missed out on the update.

1 Like