Reveal and Navbar/container bug

I’ve encountered a couple of bugs. Reveal animations will not work on mobile or rapidweaver preview. They load fine on desktop.

Further to that if I also own animagic is there any advantage to using one over the other?

2nd bug I’m having issue with is the nav bar becomes right justified if I resize the webpage when the nav bar is in a container. If I reload the page the navbar repositions correctly. Resizing again sends it back to right justified.

Reveal animations will not work on mobile or rapidweaver preview. They load fine on desktop.

The Reveal stack animates elements at the desktop breakpoint only. It turns off animations at the other breakpoints to keep processing power usage down on mobile devices like the iPad and iPhone.

2nd bug I’m having issue with is the nav bar becomes right justified if I resize the webpage when the nav bar is in a container. If I reload the page the navbar repositions correctly. Resizing again sends it back to right justified.

Can you send me a project file which shows this so I can have a look at it and see if it is a bug and if so what can be done for it? You can post a Dropbox link here or send the project file to me in a private message if you prefer.

Hi Adam,

Is it possible to now update and make the Reveal stack responsive on the iPhone and iPad? Then we make the decision ourselves if we want to enable on mobile devices.

I can appreciate keeping processing power usage down on mobile devices but mobile devices are pretty powerful these days and I must admit I don’t see any lag with Animagic on mobile devices.

I also have some clients that want the animation to work on all devices and I’d like to use the Foundry stacks on Foundry sites.

Cheers Scott

@scottf – Reveal will most likely keep its settings the way they are for now. While I agree that devices are more powerful, those same devices expressly exclude things like locked backgrounds in CSS because they’re intensive (Foundry also excludes those on mobile devices as well to fall in line with the devices’ limitations). Those locked backgrounds are about as intensive in my estimation (I don’t have exact numbers here). My goal with Foundry’s stacks is to try, when possible to be as lightweight as as I can.

If including animations on mobile devices is something you want to do, Animagic is a good path to go. There isn’t a problem with using it instead of Reveal.

1 Like