Safari Pin tab problem?

When I add SVG files for the safari pin tab it’s always showing as a white. I set to background color to none still shows as a white. I even delete the safari pin tab icon from the server and refresh but still shows the white icon.

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 20.57.42

This is my SVG file could you please someone look at it and tell me is there something wrong with my SVG file?

ozel-cocuk-danismanlik-merkezi-safari-pin-tab.svg.zip (1.2 KB)

Looks like you’re using a color SVG that isn’t an outline. The SVG needs to be only black per Apple:

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/AppleApplications/Reference/SafariWebContent/pinnedTabs/pinnedTabs.html

Your SVG should look like this, I believe:

I did this quickly in Photoshop, exported it as a PNG and then converted it to an SVG. I don’t know how good it will or won’t look as a pin icon though. You’re welcome to try it: pin-icon.svg.zip • Droplr

By the way, since this isn’t Foundry related I moved it to the uncategorized category.

1 Like

Thanks Adam, now looks like on the server. It is much better than fully white. But isn’t possible to make color pin-tab icon?

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 22.24.42

You’d need to consult the Apple DOCs about that. I personally haven’t used the SVG pin tab icons. The most I think I have setup is a favicon.ico file, which I believe Safari will use if the pin icon is not present.

1 Like