Shutter stack questions

@TemplateRepo I suppose TFM doesn’t have the ability to automatically scale down uploaded jpg-images to a certain maximum size (like Repository offers it), right? Hm, but that would be quite important, since most of my clients won’t be able to scale down images by themselves before uploading. Any thoughts on this…?

You are right, that script can’t do that. It is just a very simple file manager. For more advanced things Repository is the tool for the job.

There is a slight hiccup on my thinking though, discovered it last night as I started to build out a bigger demo with Shutter.

Previously, I thought Shutter puts a batch folder a the root, then all instances of Shutter on the site use it. But it seems I was mistaken. Shutter puts a batch folder inside the page folder for each install.

So, if you have a five page site with Shutter on two, the structure looks something like this…

/home/
/home/gallery-page-one/
/home/gallery-page-one/batch/
/home/page-two/
/home/gallery-page-three/
/home/gallery-page-three/batch/
/home/page-four/
/home/page-five/

Not…

/home/
/home/gallery-page-one/
/home/page-two/
/home/gallery-page-three/
/home/page-four/
/home/page-five/
/home/batch/
/home/batch/gallery-page-one/
/home/batch//gallery-page-three/

This somewhat impacts the way I had things working in my head. Instead of one instance of filemanager locked to the /batch/ folder, you need one instance of filemanager per /batch/ folder.

This means it’s starting to get messy and potentially too complex.

So, I need to have a rethink.

1 Like

Update: I’ve worked out a really clean and simple way to deal with this. And I’m able to drop it into the template project with zero setup by the user beyond setting a password. Then it’s a simple case of dragging it within the project to wherever there is a gallery page with Shutter.

It will only deal with adding and removing images, not processing them at all. For that, users should turn to the forthcoming Repository 2. I will be adding instances of Repo2 to the project, so if people have it it’ll be all setup for them, in which case they just need to delete the file manager I’m adding.

My guess is this template will be about a month away.

1 Like

Great that you did find an easy-to-handle solution for this, Steve. Looking forward to your template and also to Repo2 (which hopefully will keep the ability to downscale big images). Hopefully the release of Repo2 isn’t too far away… @instacks?