Shutter Stack Thumbnail Issues

Hi There,

Been having a play with Shutter and thinking that I was doing something wrong I have dialled it back and set up a simple project file following the steps in the Shutter introduction video.

The shutter stack works fine on preview but seems to generating a

Error: Image could not be generated!

error… I have looked into the PHP version running on the server which is currently V7.4, I am unable to see any server error logs as to why this might be happening?

I have set up a demo URL to show the error occurring - Untitled Page | My Website

Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I notice the shutter html is working with “.png” files and, yet, if I drop one to my desktop it is a “.jpeg”

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I would guess the png side of things is generated by Shutter? The images I am dropping in as per the demo images are from Unsplash?

I’m using shutter and not seeing any png files. So I’m not sure what the issue would be.

Many of Unsplahs’ images are PNGs. Shutter’s thumbnail generation works with JPGs only.

AH! ok… I guess you were lucky with the ones you chose at random in the video!! I’ll try with jpg now :slight_smile:

It would take just one png in your set of images to cause the processing to stop. It would display ok in Edit Mode most likely as that works differently. If you’re having problems with images you believe should work please send me a zip file with those images, along with your project file and I’ll take a look.

Yep! That solved it!

Is there any way for future releases the script when generate thumbnails is enabled that it could process conversion at the same time? this would resolve any future occurrences of this?

I understand this could cause addition server workload but as you explained in the video its better that the thumbnail generator is disabled after the first instance of running in order to reduce server workload? so this additional load would be stopped then too?

I don’t think I understand what you’re asking. I am sorry.

The processor is not setup to handle PNGs. This is by design. For a photo gallery such as this you should be using JPGs. This has nothing to do with processing time.

If you want to come at your questions from a different direction to help me understand with some more details I’d be glad to take a shot at answering your question.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.