Side Navigation icons overlapping text

I’m also seeing the same thing as Trump and Bioguy, both in the Potion-Pack-Samples.rw as well as on http://foundry.elixirgraphics.com/samples/potion-pack/side-nav/

I’m running OS X 10.11.6, RW 7.3.3, Stacks 3.5.3, Foundry Theme 1.01 selected in theme drawer. Safari 10.1.2, Firefox 55.0.3, Chromium 60.0.3112.113 (Developer Build)

Hi, el Capitain but I have to get back to you tomorrow on the chrome version (it’s my Mac in the office). But I’m looking at the same page on my MacBook and chrome version 54 and it renders fine so it maybe a chrome version issue

Looks fine on chrome for me.

Your examples are working fine on my side.

Best

Just out of curiosity what OS X version are you guys running? @peppermint, @Steve_J

RW 7.4.1 (18708) on El Capitan 10.11.6 Mac Pro

1 Like

I’m running 10.12.6.

I don’t know if you saw the screenshot above, @elixirgraphics, but this was on Chrome on Windows 7, so doesn’t seem like a Mac OS thing.

EDIT:

Doesn’t make sense for me. Here’s what I’ve tried so far:

1. iMac 2017 - 10.12.6., Safari, Firefox and Chrome
  2. Macbook Air - 10.12.6, Safari
  3. Lenovo PC - Windows 7 - Chrome
  4. iMac Bootcamp running Windows 10 - Edge and Chrome

All four of those show overlap. I can’t find any computer or OS where they don’t overlap.

1 Like

I don’t know if you saw the screenshot above, @elixirgraphics, but this was on Chrome on Windows 7, so doesn’t seem like a Mac OS thing.

Just trying to find some commonality with the three people who are seeing this bug, that is all. The bugs where only a select few see them, and I can’t reproduce them, are the hardest to tackle, so I’m looking for any common elements between those who are seeing the problem.

@Bioguy – To cross check with others versions of browsers, what version of Chrome are you using?

Testing on Chrome on Parallels Desktop gives me the “bug”

@peppermint What version of Chrome?

The screenshot I posted is from a public terminal at the college I work at, and I can’t check that right now. But opening it in Chrome on Bootcamp shows: “Version 60.0.3112.113 (Official Build) (64-bit)”.

hi, my macbook 15 retina running 10.11.6 with Safari 10.0.2 and Chrome 60.0.3112 64 bit show the overlapping menus and no icons when elixir’s side nav demo page loads. As noted last night my macbook 12 retina renders the side nav menu as intended

Opps, sorry. Versión 60.0.3112.113 (Build oficial) (32 bits)

I tested using the demo page on your website.

OS X 10.11.6
Safari 10.1.2 (11603.3.8) – Correct
Chrome 60.0.3112.113 (Official Build) (64-bit) – Correct
Firefox 55.0.3 (64-bit) – Correct

Windows 7
IE 11.0.9600.18537 – Not Correct
Chrome 60.0.3112.113 (Official Build) (64-bit) – Not Correct
Firefox 55.0.3 (32-bit) – Not Correct

I am only seeing the issue on Windows 7. Looks like this one is tricky to replicate, so I figured more reports may be useful.

P.S. You have a typo on the Angle documentation page. Under features, “angle” is incorrect in first point.

I think I’ve got a solution worked up. It originated with the overflow-y setting for the stack that allows its contents to scroll if there’s more content in navigation than will display within the browser window. This feature will shift from the whole navigation wrapper to just the drop zone content, which should be just fine.

6 Likes

Have a few other minor fixes and additions for Potion Pack that I want to squeeze into the first update. Update, with the above bug fix, should go out Monday.

3 Likes

It might be a day or two more on the update for this (unless the stars align this morning). I’m trouble shooting one other stubborn bug I found that I want to get into this update.

1 Like