Simple Radio button

Hi,
Is there a way to create a simple radio button in Foundry…like the one you can add to a statement… “please click here to accept terms and conditions”.
Thank you.

Hi there @Bido!

Firstly – in what way are you trying to use this control? Within a form or something else?

Also, this is what is commonly known as a Radio control. Is this what you’re referring to?

Hi Adam don’t know what @Bido mean but would be great to have Radio control, Box element, etc at the Contact Form.
Also an option to allow users to sign up for a newsletter list using a Contact Form.
Hope you could consider this in a next update… Thanks so much

…but would be great to have Radio control, Box element, etc at the Contact Form.

This isn’t something I want to add to the main Form stack at this time. I want that stack to be a simple, one-trick-pont sort of stack.

Hope you could consider this in a next update… Thanks so much

Something like that is a large undertaking to get right, and make it easy to use, believe it or not. It wouldn’t be something that I would just squeeze into a small point update. Just hang in there though.

Also an option to allow users to sign up for a newsletter list using a Contact Form.

That isn’t something a contact form would allow for. That would have to be handled by your mailing list service (MadMimi, Sendy, MailChimp, etc.).

I understand it’s not something as easy as it sound but somewhere at a future update. Understand that there are other priorities on Foundry first.

Will have a look at this, Thanks

@Bido You could always put some Bootstrap4 code into a HTML stack inside a Container stack. Have a look at Forms · Bootstrap .

You might look at that page and say no get me out of here, but if you persevere, you will be well rewarded. E.g., Choose one of the form code examples and copy it (usually everything including to ) and paste into a HTML stack and Preview.

However, I think what you want is not just display a Radio Button but to also build some logic around that button so it may be more complicated than expected. Alternatively, it may not be more complicated.

1 Like

Thanks Gary will have a look at this too.

You could always put some Bootstrap4 code into a HTML stack inside a Container stack. Have a look at Forms · Bootstrap

Beware doing this. Foundry is built off of Bootstrap 4, but it has its roots in an earlier release of Bootstrap 4. They have since changed many of the class names within Bootstrap 4 as well as how some of the elements function. The version Foundry uses is one that I have modified myself. It retains the older class names and structures. My suggestion would be to not fiddle around with adding things from the Bootstrap site. Your milage may vary as to the results you’ll get using code from the Bootstrap 4 site, but I will be upfront in saying I don’t offer support for custom code you inject from the Bootstrap 4 site.

However, I think what you want is not just display a Radio Button but to also build some logic around that button so it may be more complicated than expected. Alternatively, it may not be more complicated.

This.

Yes this is obviously going way off piste and don’t radio in if you need help, but sort of shows that there is more to what most people want with a “form”. The Radio Buttons do work OK but other stuff doesn’t with the changes and version differences. Also if a user wants forms with this sort of complexity it would probably be a good excuse to learn how to code it so they can build exactly what they want. There is a commitment to learning how to do that which is probably beyond what a RW user would want, but it would be very useful.

It is easy to assume that forms are simple because we are so used to using them and we also expect a lot from forms. I think the Form stack is just what most users need and it is about the easiest one there is to use.

1 Like

It is easy to assume that forms are simple because we are so used to using them and we also expect a lot from forms. I think the Form stack is just what most users need and it is about the easiest one there is to use.

Agreed. This doesn’t mean that Foundry couldn’t see something more complex for advanced users, it just wouldn’t be something tacked onto the current Form stack.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,
Thank you very much for such quick and detailed response. Deeply appreciated.

What I am referring to is a radio option tick box.

I would like to use it below a form so that when a prospect signs up for a competition or event, they will be required to tick the radio option box to agree to our terms and conditions.

I am happy to use a stack or codes …whatever is simple works well and is responsive.

Thank you.

What I am referring to is a radio option tick box.

Gotcha. What you’re looking for is a Checkbox control.

I would like to use it below a form so that when a prospect signs up for a competition or event, they will be required to tick the radio option box to agree to our terms and conditions.

I am happy to use a stack or codes …whatever is simple works well and is responsive.

That isn’t something that you can just tack on to the Form unfortunately. It would be something that would need to be a part of the stack itself.

Is there a stack I can use?

Morning @Bido – the cool thing with Foundry is you can you other 3rd-party stacks in conjunction with Foundry when needed. You might check out FormLoom 3. It has a stacks component that allows you to import your form from FormLoom into your Stacks-based page.

FormLoom3 sounds good. Nevertheless would FormPlus from Chillidogs also be a good option?
-can handle Attachments too, questionary, Radio control, Box etc

I will give the form stacks a try.
Thank you very much.

@Bido
Hi Kingsley, let me have a look at your website when finished… just to see how it looks.
Regards