Slider - fade option and transition speed

Thanks for putting a FADE transition option into the slider stack! Greatly appreciated!

I am noticing one strange thing with the transition speed. I have previously used Joe Workman’s IMPACT stack for slow and smooth slide transitions. But I can’t get SLIDER to transition as slowly as IMPACT - even though both stacks are set to the exact same transition speed of 2000ms.

IMPACT (at 2000ms) transitions very smoothly and slow
SLIDER (at 2000ms) transitions much faster

Now maybe IMPACT goes beyond 2 secs at that setting. It appears that way. So the question is - why does slider stop at 2000ms? Is there a technical reason? IMPACT’s upper transition limit is 8000ms.

Is there a way to override SLIDER’S top transition speed with a CSS command?

Hey @Markus

Thanks for putting a FADE transition option into the slider stack! Greatly appreciated!

No problem.

I am noticing one strange thing with the transition speed. I have previously used Joe Workman’s IMPACT stack for slow and smooth slide transitions. But I can’t get SLIDER to transition as slowly as IMPACT - even though both stacks are set to the exact same transition speed of 2000ms.

IMPACT (at 2000ms) transitions very smoothly and slow
SLIDER (at 2000ms) transitions much faster

Now maybe IMPACT goes beyond 2 secs at that setting. It appears that way. So the question is - why does slider stop at 2000ms? Is there a technical reason? IMPACT’s upper transition limit is 8000ms.

Is there a way to override SLIDER’S top transition speed with a CSS command?

I’m not familiar with how Impact is doing things as that isn’t my stack or one I own. That being said, they’re different stacks with different ways of handling things. One of them may include other things in the transition time that the other does not, or vice-versa. Not much good comparing two different stacks in this case.

What you’re wanting basically to know is if you can exceed the transition duration of the Slider stack as you want it to take more than 2,000ms for the slide to transition, right? Going beyond that value is not an option without changing it within that stack. The stack’s upper setting of 2,000ms is a pretty slow transition honestly, this is why I capped it out at that, IMHO. Any chance you can show me an example of what you’re wanting to do so I can see if it would be good for me to adjust the cap on the transition duration or not?

@Markus just wondering, why not just use Impact? It works without issue in Foundry.
http://www.zeebedesigns.com/foundry-impact/
Just wondering…

@zeebe I am using it… :wink: Impact is great.
I just wanted to give Adam some feedback.

1 Like

Hey Adam @elixirgraphics,

@zeebe just posted a great link to a perfect demonstration for long and smooth fades:
http://www.zeebedesigns.com/foundry-impact/

And he’s right. Impact works perfectly with Foundry.

The library that is used for the slider in the Slider stack seems to be using the 2000ms for the transition. Maybe slightly less. But it is very close. I suspect perhaps that both sliders operate differently underneath so the time limit may seem differently. That being said, both the Slider stack and the Impact stack seem buttery smooth to me. So in the end, all you’re wanting is the ability to have a longer transition time, correct?

That is correct. Longer transition times as an option can be a really cool effect.

I’ll add it to the issue tracker as something to look at for a future update.

1 Like

Sounds great. Thanks.