Transition and Audio stacks

I had been posting in an older thread but have encountered, I believe, an overall issue with audio stacks and the Transition stack. Didn’t want to hijack that thread anymore and just wanted to get some fresh posting on it.
That said…
I’m trying to get some audio stacks onto a Foundry page that has ‘Transition’ on it.
It seems that no matter what audio stack I use (Audio 2, Player, Playlister) there’s an issue when trying to actually play the audio.
Sometimes the page goes white
Sometimes I get (with Playlister) :

" Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I’ve tried linking the audio files in resources and through URL but still the same issue.
The only audio player that seems to be working with Transition is ‘HTML5 Audio’ by Weaver Space and the only difference there is that it doesn’t entail a playlist so maybe that’s related to the issue?

I know I’ve been advised to get rid of either the audio stack or the Transition stack but wanted to put this here for anyone else who might need an audio stack playlist on a page with Transition.

If the answer IS to get rid of one or the other would there be a workaround?

Here’s the page in question

Transition looks for links on a page and when one is clicked, it assumes that link goes somewhere and triggers the transition. In the case of the audio stack on your page, the buttons are – you guessed it – links.

This means Transition thinks that link is about to take the visitor to another page and triggers the transition. But that link doesn’t go somewhere it instead is meant to trigger a function of the audio player.

Transition is setup this way to make it easy on the user so you don’t have to go through and add class names, or some other identifier to each and every link on the page that you wish to have trigger Transition’s effect. There is not a way around this with the Transition stack.

1 Like

Thanks for the explainer, Adam.
A little confused though. If I click on the ‘play button’ for any of these different stacks, Transition wants to ‘do it’s thang.’ But if I click on one of the items in the playlist (any stack) it plays the audio without an issue.
I’m sure I’m showing my ‘layperson’ness’ but had to ask.

The playlist items in your audio stack are not links, that is why:

The very long, and short of it is that they are not going to work together. You’re spinning your wheels on this one. Personally I’d just opt to drop the Transition stack. While it is a pretty effect, it is not the important thing of the two on your page. Transition is the parlor trick on the page, while the audio is the actual content your visitors will care about (not the fancy transition).

That’s my 2 cents on it. You’re welcome to ask further questions, but the answer is likely to be the same – the two stacks are not going to work together as you want them to.

1 Like

Yeah. I’ve reached the end of my stubbornness on this.
:grin:
Thanks Adam.

1 Like