WebP not working in Background Stack (Foundry 3)

Hi,

I can’t get a WEBP image to display in the Background stack of Foundry 3…

It’s in my resources, and I choose the “WEBP” type from the Background Styling/Mode selector, and I select the WEBP image in the Resource… but it just doesn’t display.
Selecting “Image” and choosing a PNG format image works…

The Foundry 3 “Image” stack DOES support the same WEBP image though… so it doesn’t look like it’s an issue with the file or location… but seems to be an issue with the background stack itself…

Thanks,

J.

Can’t be in resources. Has to be on your server due to the way Stacks interacts with resources. These images are injected into the internal tool’s CSS for Background and resources don’t work that way via the Stacks API. The Image :: WebP tool doesn’t work tghe same way. It injects the image into the HTML and not the internal CSS. I would advise uploading all your WebP images and their fallbacks to a folder on your server.

Make a folder on your server for your images and link to them from the Background tool.

1 Like

Thanks for quick reply… Ok - so just copying the URL of the image from the Resources window and pasting that into the URL link in the stack settings instead of choosing the Resource seems to work…

Isn’t that a weird way for the ‘resources’ selector to work? I’d have thought it would have done the same thing as copying the URL of the image from the resource window…

Anyway - thanks! Got it working now…

Again I recommend NOT using the Resources window for this at all. Use your own FTP server and make a folder on your site, uploading your images there and link to them there as well.

1 Like