Alloy Blog page blank

Hi Adam, hi all :))

A Blog page, made with Alloy, suddenly turned into a blank page. No more content.
Unfortunately I don’t have any clue what could be wrong?
The site is running on PHP 8.0 and all pages and Ressources I have updated this morning.
Still, the blog and the editor page keep blank.
Due to a general change in PHP-version from 7.x to 8.x I had to update many RW-projects which have STRATO as a provider. They all run well and Alloy works fine with 8.0.

This is the URL of my client, showing no more content in the Alloy BLOG:
https://www.ullablockhaus.de/blog/

thanks for you help and suggestions,
Jürgen

A short update. I was able to switch back to PHP 7.4. Doing that, the Blog is now shown again but I would need to switch back to 8.0, as 7.4 will only be a paid version from Feb. 2023 on.
The issue seems to be related to the PHP version
Any suggestions?
thanks

I’m doubtful it is a PGP version issue as I run PHP 8 on one of my test servers with now problem. Please supply me with your project file, and posts folder from your server, as well as let me know what you changed recently.

If you have access to your PHP error log that would help too.

Create a ZIP file containing your project file. This is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site. After creating the ZIP file, upload it using a service like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Droplr, or a similar service to create download link for me. Paste that download link in a direct message to me here on the forum.

Dear Adam. Thanks for your prompt reply and offer :smile: I was not aware, that my client did obviously not have any entries in here blog. What I now did: I replaced the password in the editor, logged in and posted a test entry AND switched back to PHP 8.0.
The post is there and it all seems to work well, even with the higher PHP version.
No idea what caused the chaos before and as I mentioned earlier, I also have Alloy BLOG’s running with the same provider in PHP 8.0. They all work well.

Adam, thanks again for your super support. Your work and creations (Foundry, Alloy etc.) are really amazing and highly appreciated

Glad you got it sorted. Yes, Alloy expects to have one blog entry at least. Sort of the nature of a blog. Thanks for the kind words!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.