Alloy Editor Setup - displays blank page

I have just purchased and installed Alloy 3 into RW Classic. I have two projects both using Foundry 3.

Followed the video and when I expect to see a login, there is a blank page. Server is running PHP 8.1.2

Please advise how to debug.

We will need a few things from you in order to troubleshoot your problem.

Please provide us a copy of your project file, along with a link to the live site. We’ll also need a copy of your PHP error log file from your server.

Create a ZIP file containing your project file. This is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site. After creating the ZIP file, upload it using a service like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Droplr, or a similar service to create download link for us. Paste that download link in your reply.

This will help us get started in troubleshooting your issue.

Hi Adam

I was able to get the editor working by permitting the Apache server to write to disk to create the posts, droplets, embeds and image-upload directories.

The production server has fairly tight permissions on it, and your stack does not appear to have an error handler on it to report when it was unable to write to disk, hence the blank page.

After I permitted the creation of the folders, I set permissions on those specific folders to permit write, allowing posts to be created by the editor.

I then deleted all the posts, leaving none in the posts folder and the editor.php page thew this in the apache error.log and displayed a blank screen.

[Thu Dec 21 09:18:43.064284 2023] [php:error] [pid 130730] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:62001] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: array_column(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given in /var/www/xxxxxxx-nz/editor/index.php:416\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/xxxxxxx-nz/editor/index.php(416): array_column()\n#1 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/xxxxxxx-nz/editor/index.php on line 416, referer: https://xxxxxxx.nz/editor/files/delete_post.php

Is the case of no posts not anticipated?

Alloy requires at least one post, which is why it has the dummy example post with it. Once you’ve created your own post(s), you can safely delete the dummy.

Clearly, it also needs the requisite permissions in order to setup properly, as you’ve discovered.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.