Alloy not displaying Full entry views

Hello,
I’m using Alloy (3.3.2) since a long time, and I recently discovered that it is no longer displaying full entries. Clicking on Read more only briefly flash the screen, but the summary stays on.
Editor is working fine to edit existing entries or creating new ones, but the “view” entry don’t work too.
I have downgraded PHP from V8 to v7.4.33, this didn’t fix the problem.
I have checked “Debug Mode”, but php_error.log file don’t have any entry related to Alloy nor Elixir software.
I’have renamed my .htacces file, which is the only file I changed recently …

Can you help me ?

Check the Alloy Control Center. You’re likely using Pretty URLs in there, which does require htaccess code.

Thank you for your quick answer … I’m not using Pretty URLs

What does your renamed htacces file have in it? Why did you rename it? And what happens if you restore it?

Because I read somewhere this could help … as I regularly update this file to block undesired bots, it was quick to test … by the way this doesn’t change anything …

Alloy hasn’t changed at all in a very long time, so this has to be something that changed on your end of things, so I’ll need you to help me in figuring it out. You are saying the only thing that has changed is your htaccess file. If that is the case then it would mean that was the cause. If you say restoring the htaccess file to its original state does not fix your problem, then it is likely that something else has changed.

I know you are right … however, this part of my site was not modified since a very long time … My latest blog entry was created 4-5 months ago, and that I tested this new entry when it was published … Since this time it’s possible that I updated PHP (my site is running on Synology NAS) and to day I revert PHP from V8 to v7.4.33 … I have added phpinfo() in my page to check this point if you want … I also cleared the cache from the editor, no success … Then I disabled it in Alloy configuration.
Here is the URL : Nouvelles du gîte 'Ti Ar Mor' let me know if you can’t access, it"s possible you are blocked by my firewall

I cannot troubleshoot PHP code from the browser. PHP is a server side language.

You’ll need to let me know of anything else that changed as I can’t troubleshoot what I don’t know about unfortunately.

I asked before what your htaccess file has in it, but you did not reply with its contents. This would be helpful to know. Additionally please provide the following in a ZIP file:

• Your project file (the file you open and edit in RW)
  • Your PHP error log file
  • Your Posts folder from your server
  • Your index.php file from your blog folder from your server.

I can troubleshoot a problem with Alloy itself, but I cannot offer help for your server or configuration of your PHP instance. If the problem falls in that realm you’ll end up needing to speak with your host.

Is this the new, or old htaccess file?

How can i send you privately the above elements ?

Why does it need to be private?

This is the access file that was used up to this morning … I have renamed it but NO CHANGE was made inside it … And just now it is totally disabled …

I have in my Rapidweaver project lot of personal PHP code that I don’t want to be spread in the nature … just that … Is that shocking ? I suppose that all things that are posted here are public, isn’t it ?

Send me a Direct Message here on the forum with a download link to all of the requested files.

OK thank you, I didn’t know this option, sorry … I will grab all these elements and send them to you. Thank’s for your help !

First thing –

blog page in RW

The blog editor page cannot be nested within another page. It has to be a top level page. This is not optional.

As for your error log file – thankfully there are zero Alloy errors shown here in the log file you sent me:

[14-Feb-2024 14:38:45 Europe/Paris] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: previous_location in /volume1/web/tiarmor/code/geo_functions.php on line 420
[14-Feb-2024 15:04:58 Europe/Paris] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: previous_location in /volume1/web/tiarmor/code/geo_functions.php on line 420
[14-Feb-2024 18:44:30 Europe/Paris] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: previous_location in /volume1/web/tiarmor/code/geo_functions.php on line 420
[14-Feb-2024 18:45:21 Europe/Paris] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: previous_location in /volume1/web/tiarmor/code/geo_functions.php on line 420
[14-Feb-2024 18:46:24 Europe/Paris] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: previous_location in /volume1/web/tiarmor/code/geo_functions.php on line 420
[14-Feb-2024 18:50:09 Europe/Paris] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: previous_location in /volume1/web/tiarmor/code/geo_functions.php on line 420
[14-Feb-2024 18:57:25 Europe/Paris] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: previous_location in /volume1/web/tiarmor/code/geo_functions.php on line 420

Notices like these cause no problems.

You are not naming some folders correctly in your project. RapidWeaver asks for a FOLDER NAME and not a PATH. You are trying to provide a relative path name here, as an example, which is incorrect:

CleanShot 2024-02-14 at 13.39.15@2x

But finally your problem is that you’ve created your own custom PHP code to purposefully override the PHP variables for Alloy. I don’t know why you would do this, but this is the problem:

Yes it works !!!
Perhaps you will not believe me, but I don’t know where (why, when) this code come from ? I don’t remember to have added that, for what reason, on who’s instruction … I’m personally unable to create such a thing on a software I’have not created myself …
In conclusion, thank you for your time, you saved me and I’m happy !

Glad you got it sorted. That said, you have a lot of custom PHP in that project file, so if you didn’t write it then whoever wrote your custom PHP probably wrote that as well. And they caused us both a lot of headache. :face_with_head_bandage: :rofl: