Attachment is not sent

I have created a form with Foundry 3 and activated SMTP. All the information entered is sent. What is not sent is the selected file attachment. Is this a known problem?

Link

I’ve not had any problems with attachments here. What sort of file are you trying to send as the attachment?

It was a little JEPG file.

Please provide us a copy of your project file, along with a copy of your image file. We’ll also need a copy of your PHP error log file from your server.

Create a ZIP file containing your project file and the image file. This is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site. After creating the ZIP file, upload it using a service like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Droplr, or a similar service to create download link for us. Paste that download link in your reply.

This will help us get started in troubleshooting your issue.

While I was waiting to hear back from you I setup a quick form and tried a JPG as an attachment and had no issues.

Form:

Here’s the resultant email received using the form:

I wonder if the form also works with the extension “jpeg” instead of “jpg”. I think this is what @Peter_08 used. I don’t remember the circumstances, but I vaguely recall some form app I have (non-Foundry) had problems with JPEG but was fine with JPG. I could be wrong and the Foundry form handles JPEG just as well.

Works fine with .jpeg extensions as well:

1 Like

Check the filename.

Make sure there’s no spaces or special characters in the filename - files must be “web-safe”.

my_form_attachment.jpeg will be fine. My Form Attachment @1280x1024.jpeg could easily cause problems.

1 Like

The issue was not caused by filename.