Background with Parallax loading with delay

Hello,
I would need help with my background stack, containing an image (jpg, 50 kb, 600x304 px) with Parallax activated, and a header. When I scroll quickly up and down the page it takes almost a second until the whole background stack with its content loads and appears. There is not much of anything else that should load on the page, no huge images or videos, just an Alloy blog.
Please have a look at my page under construction:
https://test.riccardodelfino.eu/blog-en/
If needed I can supply a WeTransfer link to my project, please let me know.
I could of course do without the Parallax effect, then everything would work, but it would be a pitty, I love the gentle movement of the effect.
Any help is very much apreciated.
Best regards, Riccardo

Hi,
I visited your test environment but here it’s snappy.
Tested with 3 browsers, all running smooth.

Cheers, Peter

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply, Peter!
That surprises me, because it is the same for me in different browsers (see video of the screen: https://test.riccardodelfino.eu/image-uploads/background-image.mp4). What could be the reason? Is it my computer, my browsers, my internet connection (which is very fast here)? I have restarted the computer to clear the memory, I have the latest versions of the browsers, I have opened the page on my wife’s computer - always the same.
Maybe someone here in the community has an idea what the problem could be? I would be very grateful for any hints or suggested solutions, but at least I would like to understand what is going on.

1 Like

Did you check if you have any kind of security items installed on your router which might inspect the code and lead to a lag? Could you open a wifi hotspot with your mobile and use this as the internet connection just to test?

Thank you, Jan, for your suggestions. I tried the wifi hotspot with my mobile, still no differnce, the same issue…

You’re welcome.
This is rather odd, isn’t it?

I would be pleased to offer a solution, but I can’t.

Yes, it is very odd, but it just is like this with my desktop computer AND my mobile phone (both WLAN as well as mobile data!). I checked with other computers and mobile phones from friends, and there everything works fine. That really is a mystery! Quite irritating when working on the website…