Blacksmith for fontsettings of Embeds?

One thing I miss in the latest Foundry is the settings for body font in the control center. I do not understand why you can set font size for Headers, but not for body text. For me it was a key option.

Anyway, I make use of embeds on practically all my web pages. As you know this happens with the stack Markdown Embed. I now have to set custom fonts for every embed separately.

Is it possible to make use of Blacksmith to set the same font size to every embed?
How could I code it? (I am no css-expert)

Morning @denkkracht

Did someone tell you that you can’t change the body font in Foundry 3’s Control Center? There is indeed an option to do that:

You can also do it in Blacksmith by applying your properties to the body selector.

Additionally you could add a class to the MD Import tool in Alloy and style that class with Blacksmith as well.

There are always many ways of doing any one thing in a modular setup like Foundry.

2 Likes

Thanks for the enlightment on customisation!

I didnot express my question accurately.

What I meant was the option to customize fonts per breakpoint in the control center.
The MarkdownEmbed-stack has that option.

The body font size should be a set uniform size. That font size determines a LOT of things in Foundry 3 sizing wish. Every REM measurement is based off of that font size. By default the font size in Foundry 3 is 16px. This means 1 REM in Foundry 3 is 16px. Change that to 10px and every REM in Foundry 3 would now be 10px. Imagine that happening at each breakpoint. Every bit of spacing on the page could drastically change due to the base font size changing at every one of the 6 breakpoints. :exploding_head:

While this could be used is a nice responsive fashion, if you’re coding for that specific thing, most RW users are not going to be using Foundry in that way. So as the directions in the Control Center settings say, us caution when changing that base font size.

It is better to change the font size in the individual tools, or with Blacksmith, or some other way.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.