Blog Posts And Associated Page Info Using Alloy Gone Blank!

Yes. When PHP encounters a problem it stops everything. This means everything after the problem does not render. Remove the colon Alt Tag in the Markdown file I indicated above and you should be good.

1 Like

Hi @Adam - Ah I see. Thanks for spotting that. So my next question is around ‘alt tags’. As I don’t have access to the ‘editor’ with which to make the suggested changes, is there another way that I can update this .md file ?

Is this the instance of where the colon needs to be deleted ? ( highlighted in yellow) I can’t tell if this is an Alt Tag or not ?

Justin

Markdown files are text based. You can load it in Text Edit, make the change and then re-upload it.

1 Like

Hi @Adam - Wow. I didn’t realise something so ‘slight’ can have such an impact on a website. On testing all 3 pages they are all back and I will have to relay this blog post creation etiquette info back to the person that created the offending post.

Once again thanks for all your help, patience and advice with regards to this matter.

#lifelonglearning :pray:

Kind Regards | Justin

4 Likes

Glad you got it all fixed and back up and running. :+1:

Stump the not so bright user (dummy). I republished my site (Foundry 3 and Alloy) now when visitor clicks the read more or anonter blog post the page redirects to https://glennthomas.us/welcoming-orrick-c-lambert… which gives a error 404 page. it used to redirect to https://glennthomas.us/?id=welcoming-orrick-c-lambert
when I insert ?id= the page works… how do I get Rapidweaver to insert the ?id= back into the web pages??

Please advise

Sounds like you’ve turned off the Pretty URLs feature found in the Alloy Control Center.

nope pretty url is turned on and rewrite engine is on as well (in the alloy stack)

How about your htaccess file? You’re sure that is correct as well?

#Options -Indexes#
RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule (.*) ?id=$1 [L,NC,QSA]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} baidu [NC] RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} AhrefsBot [NC] RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} MJ12bot [NC] RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} seznam [NC] RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} MJ12bot [NC] RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} Detectify [NC] RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} petalbot [NC] RewriteRule .* - [F,L]

I had to add the to fix my site from being spammed

found another way of doing what I needed with out the RewriteCond statements… removed the added code just have what is suggested with Alloy stack

thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.