Can I make the bottom label in slide navigation a link? F2

I know I asked this when I first set up the slide navigation but I couldn’t find the answer for it in my old posts. I think there was some way to make the navigation bar labels links? I am pretty sure that is what someone told me. I just found a way to really put that area to use. I’m using Foundry 2.

Hi Kip,

Could you clarify what you mean? What labels?

Slide Nav is automatically populated with the pages in your project (well, the ones marked to be included in the navigation). The buttons in the nav menu take the names from the pages, and are automatically links to those pages.

Cheers,
Erwin

Page structure (example):
Capto_Capture 2024-04-18_17-45-22_

Result in Slide Nav (example):
Capto_Capture 2024-04-18_17-45-58_

Yes, I mean the circled spots here. I believe when you are in edit mode the term for them is labels. I saw one person who used the bottom label for social media links. I would be interested is using this page for just a regular text link like the pages above.

The page I am planning on putting here would be nice to split off from the other pages. It is more of an introduction a guide through individual pages.

Where you enter that text, simply turn it into a hyperlink by putting it in an A-tag, like this:

<a href="https://www.example.com">Months of the year section - August</a>

Cheers,
Erwin

I find that after I put the code in the sidebar won’t open anymore. If you put a link in the caption area will the Side Nav bar open for you?

Hey Kip,

Can you show me (using a screenshot of the Side Nav settings) where you’re entering that caption?

Cheers,
Erwin

Yes here is the screen shot. It may be that the title bars and labels can’t use code and only plain text.

Hi Kip,

I tried several variations of entering URLs there, but none of them work. I think it’s safe to say that this isn’t possible.

Perhaps @elixirgraphics has a suggestion when he returns from moving house.

Cheers,
Erwin

1 Like

Like @Erwin-Leerentveld mentioned I’m away right now. But I think @Kip sharing his project file would help the situation.

1 Like