Cinema stack on safari 17.2.1

A recent update to the Safari browser seems to have stopped the auto play function in Cinema stack - Foundry 3. Besides having users change their browser settings, does anyone have any ideas how we can enable the auto play mode again? Thanks.

Iā€™m totally up to date on my OS and Safari updates I think an I only seem to have v17.1 of Safari. Are you using a beta perhaps?

I am on Safari 17.2.1. This is the latest. 17.3 is the Beta version. Please refer to: Safari Release Notes | Apple Developer Documentation

On this version I see the play icon appear on the live version of the Cinema Stack. I have tried to include an image of the Cinema Stack webpage to show you hat I see on Safari.

I have to go to Settings>Websites>AutoPlay and change the settings. Then clear the cache and re-open the Browser to see the auto play in action.

If Safari has implemented an override to prevent autoplay videos then I donā€™t think thereā€™s much I can do about it. The autoplay videos were already using a few ā€œhacksā€ to make themselves play automatically as it is, so I suspect Apple has just made it impossible unless the user opts in. Iā€™ll take a look but I donā€™t have much hope for this one.

1 Like

Thanks for the information.

I got updated to Safari 17.2.1, loaded up a Cinema page, and by default it works here. I didnā€™t change any settings in Safari whatsoever. Am I the only one?

1 Like

Thatā€™s great to see. I am in transit at the moment and I am thinking it could be the wifi I am on. Iā€™ll be back home tomorrow and re-download safari and give it a go.

1 Like

After digging around I found the culprit! If low power mode is set, safari will not autoplay videos. Once I set the low power mode to ā€˜neverā€™ then the cinema stack plays as it should. Apologies if I created more work for you.

4 Likes

No problem whatsoever. Part of the job. Good sleuthing. :+1: