Delete multiple posts in Alloy?

My Alloy news page gets several hundred posts a year, and having been running for a couple of years it is getting a little unwieldy, plus I start to worry about the number of image files taking up server space. I would like to be able to delete posts en masse; I know I can do it one at a time, but it would take half a day of tedious clicking to delete a year’s worth, and I am not sure how to locate and delete the files associated with each post. I imagine that they are not deleted automatically when a post is deleted, but I haven’t been able to verify that. It would be great if they are. Is there a way to delete posts and their associated files quickly?

If you’d like to delete multiple, or all posts even, you can do so via your FTP software. Login to your server and visit the posts folder for your blog. Each post is an individual Markdown file in that folder.

Beware: deletions are final! There is no undoing a deleted post.

Same goes for images. There’s an image uploads folder on your server for Alloy. You can delete any or all images from there. Same warning for images. Deletions are final. You cannot undo this action.

As for images being deleted when a blog post is deleted — no this does not happen. Images associated with posts that are deleted are not also removed. This is designed to work this way purposefully to prevent images being deleted that you may be using elsewhere, whether referenced in other posts or manually referenced from a page, etc.

Many thanks Adam — I shall certainly give this a try!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.