Form Tool Submission Using Email Field Contents

Hello Community,

Just a quick question on the Form stack. I have read the great documentation but I am still trying to understand how can I use the email address that is a field on the form to be the target of the email being sent. I am sure this is simple I am just missing something very simple I bet :slight_smile: !!

Are you asking how you can CC (carbon copy) the email to the visitor as well as yourself?

Yes Adam that is what i am asking. Also want to confirm if I use any other stacks on the form will the content be part of the email body?

There is a CC option in the Form settings along that will send to specified addresses as well as an option to copy the sender. Not at the computer right now so I can show you. I can say that it is in the documentation though.

The only content sent in the email is from the fields contained in the form. Nothing else.

Adam just a follow up to the form question regarding Cc’ing the sender. What happens if you have more than one email field on the form. In my use case I want to add a sent from and a sent to email fields.

It will not do that. It will only send to the main email field that is hard coded into the form.

I just read you are shutting down your business and I wanted to ask could you enhance the Form stack to use values from the fields that are added. This will allow more flexibility to the web developer.

I am sorry, there will be no further development of any of my tools.

Okay and just to confirm the To address must be hardcoded via the settings panel and it cannot be from a form field.

You mean the email address that the form submission is sent to when the visitor submits the form contents? That email address cannot be input from the form. Your host would not allow this as it would be a magnet for spam bots.

True but with the built in security measures that would prevent BOTS from being able to submit the FORM so please can you add that capability please.

Read the room. It’s not going to happen.

2 Likes

Preventing bots is near impossible. What you want is frowned upon and would be horrible practice. And with all that said you’re asking me to put work into a product that I’ve just said is making me no money and thus have had to close down my business of nearly 20 years. As @jacksona said above — That is not going to happen, for all of the reasons I’ve stated above.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.