Foundry 3 Mega Menu

Hi All. I have a Foundry 3 site that I just built for a client that wanted it to use a mega menu. I had no choice but to use the Mega Menu stack from Foundry 2. I know, I know, I should not mix F2 with F3, but it works and the client is happy. However, now they want me to add a blog and of course I want to use Alloy. Problem is, Alloy will not work as long as I have the F2 Base on the page (which is only there for the F2 Mega Menu to work). My question is this… is there a F3 Mega Menu stack I missed or on the horizon or is there something else I can use until then to build a similar MegaMenu? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @CreativeGuy1968

I am not a great expert for Mega Menus, but as nobody else has answered so far, maybe my answers help you forward.

From my knowledge you have 2 options.

The one is, you could purchase the Mega Menu Stack from 1LD (https://onelittledesigner.com/rapidweaver-stacks/). Don’t know if it fullfills your requirements but you can have a look.

The second option is the one I would prefer. You can build a kind of Mega Menu for yourself in Foundry 3 pretty easy. You generate a standard Foundry 3 navigation bar. Instead of using the menu items as links to pages you can set a “Modal Trigger” down below in the navigation bar settings. Set a modal ID and then you pull a Foundry 3 modal to the navigation bar. You then deselect in the modal under “Toggles” the “Vertically center modal”. Now when you click a menu item a corresponding modal comes up close to the navigation bar. That’s how I would do it.

Hope my description was understandable :slight_smile:

1 Like

Appreciate the advice (and that you took the time to offer it). I’ll give your suggestion a go.

Egomade.com created a foundry project file that has a “mega menu”

Maybe it may work for you.

This is great! Thank you!