Full Entry View and Editor: Wrong "View"

Is there any way I can solve this problem? Coz my file system seems not be able to handle the Chinese characters now. And I am not that familiar about the filter you mentioned…

The filter is a part of Alloy’s underlying code. You don’t interact with it.

The filter takes the post title you write and turns it into a valid filename. Filenames cannot have characters like a single quote, or a question mark for example. So if you write a blog post title like this:

What's your favorite vegetable?

Alloy takes that title and filters out the characters that cannot be used for the filename. With the example above the filter would transform the post title into this:

whats-your-favorite-vegetable

You’ll notice it strips out the single quote and question mark and changes the spaces to dashes. This makes for an acceptable filename.

The filter does this by looking at the acceptable characters and discarding anything else. Since the Chinese characters are not a part of the acceptable characters in the filter they all get discarded.

I’ve personally never worked with Chinese or Japanese characters in any form. I’ll look at improving the filter to allow these, if at all possible. Being that it is the weekend I won’t get to it today. Maybe tomorrow though. If you would email me the Markdown file for one of your posts that might be helpful. adam at elixirgraphics dot com

1 Like

Thanks for your explanation in detail. Now I figure out what’s the difference. I’ve sent the mail and thank for your help again :slight_smile:

I did not receive an email with your Markdown file unfortunately.

1 Like

This has been solved. Currently I’ve worked the feature into a test version only. I’ll try to get this out in a wider release soon.

1 Like

Rolled this into an update (Alloy v2.2.4) that I just pushed out onto the update server.

Be sure if you’re using Chinese or Japanese characters that you’re not using the Transliterate feature. Transliterate is for Latin-based character sets only.

1 Like