Glide Stack Questions

On http://foundry.elixirgraphics.com/documentation/glide/ I read about options for Glide Navigation Items (Child Stack). I only see Glide Nav Section without any options.

What are the stacks Glide Nav Divider and Glide Nav Item for? Where to put them?

Is it possible to jump (slide) to a marker position from a Glide Menu?

What is the “nav content” option supposed to do? It doesn’t open a drop zone as read in the documentation.

My purpose is to somehow emulate the Magellan Navigation for an one pager Site.
Like using “scroll to top” I’d like to have “scoll to #marker

Thanks for advice

The Navigation Items are disappearing when RapidWeaver Window is smaller than 1620px.

What are the stacks Glide Nav Divider and Glide Nav Item for? Where to put them?

These are for the Glide Navigation items. They’re added here by clicking the blue plus button under the Glide Navigation items:

The Glide Nav Item is to add more navigation items. You add as many Nav Items as you have Glide Nav Sections. Each of the Nav Items has a related Glide Nav Section. We number them automatically so you can know which Nav Item goes with which Glide Nav Section.

The Glide Nav Divider allows you to place dividers within your Glide Navigation. Like so:

That is what the whole Glide stack is about. Clicking a Glide Navi Item and it sliding to the related Glide Nav Section, as seen in the Example on the Documentation page.

What is the “nav content” option supposed to do? It doesn’t open a drop zone as read in the documentation.

Enabling the Nav Content checkbox turns on this Drop Zone, as shown here in this screenshot:

You can then drag other stacks into that drop zone to be added below the Nav Items.

My purpose is to somehow emulate the Magellan Navigation for an one pager Site.

I have never seen or used Magellan, but you could indeed make a one page site with navigation using the Glide stack, for sure.

Like using “scroll to top” I’d like to have “scoll to #marker

That is essentially what the stack does internally, but with more style and finesse, along with a great deal of options.

The Navigation Items are disappearing when RapidWeaver Window is smaller than 1620px.

The Edit Mode window is treated just like the Preview Mode window. Everything in it acts responsively. Elements are triggered though based on this area’s width, not the whole window:

Hi Adam, thank you very much for explanation.

Simple but good example for Magellan One Pager: http://onepager.de/
Basically it is an sticky topnav bar with indication of current item and soft scroll down the page.

Another question regarding Glide Stack: I couldn’t manage to make the Navigation sticky. It scrolls with the page content. Probably I don’t find the correct setting.

Simple but good example for Magellan One Pager: Onepager.de − crafted by helllicht medien
Basically it is an sticky topnav bar with indication of current item and soft scroll down the page.

Yes, you can build that sort of page with Glide. Of course Glide’s navigation is on the side and not at the top, but otherwise they work similarly.

Another question regarding Glide Stack: I couldn’t manage to make the Navigation sticky. It scrolls with the page content. Probably I don’t find the correct setting.

Tha Navigation should stick automatically. There’s nothing you need to do. If you wish to send me your project file I will have a look.

If I load up your project file and give it a test, I get the same results as you are seeing. If I start a new project file and build a new Glide page, it works flawlessly.

I’m going to keep looking into your particular project file, but I wondered if you could start a new project and give it a try there to see what results you get.

UPDATE: It seems to have something to do with the Partial you’re using for some reason. I think it is because you’ve built your Partial using a Container stack. There’s no need to have a Container stack within a Glide stack. It adds unnecessary code to the stack. You’d want to use a simple 1 Column stack, the kind that comes with RW, to contain your Partial. If you need help constructing that, please let me know.

1 Like

yes, rebuilding the site without container works :slight_smile: