Having problems with Alloy Embed

I am having a different issue. I have republished the entire site but the embed contents are not showing. Getting error ATTENTION: The file https://leadership.pgc-cary.org/spiritual-faith-enrichment-embeds/goal-objectives.md does not exist. I have logged into the server and this file does exist in the specified folder. In fact, when I bring up the editor it finds the file and I can make changes. Again my stacks version is v4.2.2.

Good morning @Brett – I’m going to be out of the office today, but if you can get a few things together for me I can take a look at this tomorrow and see if we can’t sort out your particular problem.

Please provide the following things in a direct message to me, instead of a public post, since I’ll be asking for a login to your Editor page.:

(1) What version of PHP are you running on your server?

(2) Please provide us a copy of your project file please. Create a ZIP file containing your project file. This is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site. After creating the ZIP file, upload it using a service like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Droplr, or a similar service to create download link for us. Paste that download link in your Direct Message to me. In that ZIP file also please provide me a copy of the Embed markdown file so I can see the raw file’s contents.

(3) A link to the live site’s Editor page, along with a login for the Editor. You can create a secondary login in Alloy if you want.

These things should get me started in troubleshooting your problem.

Adam

Hi there,
I’ve been having the same problem here for months. This error message appears with all “externally linked” MD documents. Am now very frustrated because I had to copy all external MD documents into internal MD stacks …
I posted everything here back then, unfortunately without any result - Adam wrote that it must be the provider, the provider claims that they haven’t changed anything and I as a customer sit in the middle and can’t get any further - too bad … Please post if you have found a solution.
Best Regards
Gerhard

I think the difference between your problem and @Brett’s problem is that yours are from an external location outside of your server. The above situation seems to be dealing with Embeds from the Alloy Editor local to his server. Perhaps I misunderstand though.

Hello Adam,
Thank you for your prompt reply.
Unfortunately you misunderstood, my “external” MD-Docs are in the same folder structure (on the same server) just in a different folder.
:slight_smile: Gerhard

Sorry Adam but how do I send you a direct reply.

You can click on his image next to any of his posts and click the “message” button to send a direct message.

1 Like

@Brett – I took your embed file and uploaded it to my server. In addition I also repurposed one of my embeds, by changing the URL in the stack. I put both on a page and this is what I get:

Obviously the file on your server exists, as I copied and pasted it into a Markdown file and uploaded it to my server, as seen in the screen shot.

I suspect your host is not allowing Alloy to access the Markdown file via CURL, which is used in the PHP to responsibly load the file from the server. Perhaps your host has disabled something which is causing Alloy to be unable to access the file. These Embeds are handled differently from Blog posts since you can essentially load them from anywhere on your server.

You might check with your host to see if there’s some reason the file is not accessibly via a CURL connection.

If you still want to provide your files, and answers to my questions from my previous reply, please feel free. In addition to those questions, please let us know what host you’re using as well.

Hello,
I am having the same error message “ATTENTION: The file http://www.test1.riccardodelfino.eu/embeds/präst-1-bild.md does not exist.”
On the server the file does exist in the embeds folder! Posts and droplets work fine, but not the embeds. My site is published as “https:// www.test1. etc…”, maybe this is a reason, since the file http:// can’t be found?!?
There is not yet a real answer in this topic how to solve the problem, are there maybe any recent news about this?
I am running PHP 8.0, my hosting is Ionos in Germany. I have no idea what CURL means and what I should ask or check with my host?!?
Thank you in advance for any help or hints

Please provide us a copy of your project file. Create a ZIP file containing your project file – this is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site. After creating the ZIP file, upload it using a service like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Droplr, or a similar service to create a download link for us. Paste that download link in a Direct Message to me. In that ZIP file also please provide me a copy of the Embed markdown file so I can see the raw file’s contents.

If possible a link to the live site’s Editor page, along with a login for the Editor would be helpful. You can create a secondary login in Alloy if you want.