I can't increase the number of posts per page to be higher then 5

I am using “layout one” which has a suggested post count of 5 or 10. When I typed 10 into the field, uploaded the page and refreshed the blog it still stayed at 5. I thought the setting might be saved in the cache so I emptied that too. File: Blog Settings wanting to see why it gets stuck at 5 post entries.zip (523.2 KB)

The blog:
https://thepresentcanbe2020.life/blog/

Please provide a copy of your project file.

The link for the file is there, it is in the body of the question.

Thanks. Will look at it as soon as possible. Think I’m used to needing to ask for it…

That doesn’t appear to match your site. The blog in the attached project file is in a folder titled page-2 while your site seems to use the folder blog. It is important to see the file that is getting published. While you’re getting that together please include a copy of the index.php file from your blog page as well as a copy of the posts folder for me too please.

It looks like the pages got re-named from “blog” to “Page 2” when I dragged them into a new RW project. Is it better to make a copy of the RW file? That way the index.php will come across?

When you say the posts folder I think you are referring to the one that is downloaded from the online editor? Here is that:
posts-backup.zip (17.9 KB)

To clear up confusion – I’m requesting the original project file as well as the index.php file that is found in the blog folder on your site.

I am currently uploading the zipped project file that is 235 MB so that will take a while to upload. It seems like the index.php file is located within that file since it is an exact duplicate of the RW file I am working with. I hope that is the case and gives you everything you need.

The exported site and your project file are two separate things. You’ve been doing this long enough that I know you know this. :smiley:

The project file is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site. I need this as one of the two things I need.

The other I need directly from your server. I need the index.php file from the blog folder that is currently published to your site.

Create a ZIP file with these things.

Please provide us a copy of your project file, along with a link to the live site if available. After creating the ZIP file, upload it using a service like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Droplr, or a similar service to create download link for us. Paste that download link in your reply.

All I see on the server available to download is Posts, Embeds, Droplets. Is there a way to get the index.php file that is already uploaded? There is an index.php file from exporting the site in each page folder that was created. Is that different from the one on the server?

Go to the BLOG folder on your server. Open that folder and inside you’ll find an index.php file.

You have only set your posts per page to 10 for the Full Entry View. You’re using a Conditional stack and have the Posts Per Page set to 5 for the Summaries View.

1 Like

Oh that’s right. I forget about the conditional since the conditional stack isn’t right next to the blog entries stack (there is four stacks in between.) I left a note on that blog entry stack so that I wouldn’t forget. Most of my time is spent in the online editor so I guess I forget about how I set up the Alloy stacks a year ago.

Thanks for looking into that.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.