It is time for me to forge a new path

@DinkyPixelRead this post for a bit more information.

Additionally – I can’t predict when something in RW, Stacks or a browser will change. That said I think Foundry should serve you well for quite a while. Alloy is a touchier thing as a slight change in PHP can often mean things need adjustment to code. I think Alloy should be good for quite some time still as well, but I would think Foundry 3 will definitely outlive Alloy. This is all just educated guessing though. Find a new platform for your sites is my best advice.

@ASA – I’m not looking to take on any web design at this time. I’ve moved on to doing something quite different. Thankfully it is still working for myself, but it definitely is more work and longer hours. Wasn’t sure that was possible, but it is. :joy:

1 Like

What a sad news.
@elixirgraphics , I understand your decision given the bizarre circumstances.
Thank you so much for all the great work you have done over the years.
I was a Foundry supporter from the moment I first used it.
Thanks for your incredible hard work and dedication Adam, be well!

2 Likes

I think some people are being a bit harsh with Realmac here…would foundry and Elixir even happened if it wasnt for Realmac. they too are a business and need to progress. I have loved using Foundry etc and sad it’s going. If one business has to rely on another then there could always be a problem down the line. Perhaps a subscription model might have created more income.
anyway all the best in your new ventures. Go ask Realmac if they need a developer.

Dave

2 Likes

Thanks for that ‘heads up’ @elixirgraphics

1 Like

Dear Adam. This is really such pity, you’ve created such amazing tools and I love to use them. I will miss your input and for the moment I can’t imagine using Rapidweaver without your products. Not sure where it will all go to, but I like to express my deepest gratitude for what you’ve done for us. All the best, Jürgen

2 Likes

What was harsh is what they did, while most of it has been said, it was a shady thing they did that started this… Almost all devs have lost trust in them.

RW wouldn’t exist without Stacks or stack developers, period.

3 Likes

This whole mess created by Realmac is reminiscent of George III and serves as a reminder that tyranny is the forever enemy of freedom.

Without Stacks and the great work done by stacks developers, Realmac would’ve gone to the wall years ago.

5 Likes

So sad to read this. Your stacks and themes are the first I think of when starting a new project. It’s why I own all of them. Thank you for years of great products and support! I wish you much success on your next journey!

5 Likes