Let's start talking about Foundry 3 🔥

Sounds like a fun weekend of web design! There’ll be a video series by Ryan Smith from RapidWeaver Classroom available Friday, on both the Foundry site and the YouTube channel, showing the building of a site in three parts. It is quite good. I think you’ll enjoy that, too.

6 Likes

No blog post today as I’m working to get things wrapped up for tomorrow’s launch. I thought it might be fun to share the tutorial video for the new Whimsy tool though with everyone here on the forum:

Additionally I wanted to mention that following the release of Foundry 3 I’ll be continuing to create more tutorial videos. I still have many tools I want to create tutorials for, as well as I’d like to create some Quick Tips videos, too. Instructional videos just take a lot of time and effort so they’re not quick to churn out – that alone could be a full-time job.

13 Likes

Looking forward to tomorrow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Whimsy looks stellar… Great work. Just take my money already$$$

2 Likes

Just wondering what time in the UK it will be released?

1 Like

There’s a lot to do tomorrow, including non-work related stuff, so it will just go live when I am able to get everything ready tomorrow. Sorry I don’t have a specific time. There’s just one of me after all. :laughing:

2 Likes

Ok. I’ll cut you some slack*….

*sets alarm for 6pm GMT

2 Likes

I can’t sleep. I am ready for F3!!! :grinning:

5 Likes

‘Container Type’ Wahey! Perfect! Thanks for discussing that in the video (screen reader accessability relevance). It’s a pacing anxious wait is Friday. Think I’ll go for today’s 8 mile run and burn some energy off as I wait. :grinning:

2 Likes

I am having trouble finding your product. I see foundry version two but I don’t see foundry version three. Could you send me the link to foundry version three?

It hasn’t been released yet @gmedlock. Hang in there. Today is the day. It may be a little later in the day where you are, but I literally just rolled out of bed here. :wink:

There’s a lot to do today to get F3 released. Additionally I have normal non-work related things that must also be seen to as well. :+1:

7 Likes

Great looking site, Adam. And with a really good performance. Checked google, GTmetrix and Pingdom so far. Well done!

1 Like

Thanks! And all built with Foundry 3.

1 Like

So for everyone who might not have checked yet, Foundry 3 is now live at:

I’ve also posted a longer than normal blog post for release day over on the Foundry blog:

I’ll have another blog post going up today as well.

4 Likes

Just purchased and installed Foundry 3! Can’t wait to explore! Thanks, Adam!

2 Likes

A question concerning webp images though. Is there a way to have fallback images? I know of some cases where users don’t see any images at all if there are only webp images on a site and no fallback jpgs or pngs.

1 Like

Yep. Have a look at the WebP Image tool’s documentation: Image : Webp

Pro Tip: The answer to most questions today will be found on the Foundry site. :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll go check that. Thanks Adam!

1 Like

Exploring Foundry 3 with great excitement. In the Documentation side bar under Navigation and then Navigation Bar I find that clicking on the Navigation Bar Video Tutorial arrow it takes me to the Control Center Video.

I’ll go take a look. Thanks.