Linked Text | | Paragraph Stack | Foundry 3

Dear @elixirgraphics et al - my apologies if this has already been addressed. I have a question about how to link some paragraph text to an email address. In Foundry v2 it was simply a question of highlighting the text and then by clicking on the link button and a further dialogue box use to pop up inviting me to add the mailto:email@address.com command

. In Foundry 3 however no such things happens and instead I am invited to create a line of code
Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 12.33.27
. Can you tell me what I need to input here in order to link some paragraph text to an email address ? Thanks in advance. Justin

Good news is you’ve already got the answer.

In the RapidWeaver link dialog window you show in your first screen shot you’ve substituted a mailto: link in place of a normal URL which would go in that field.

So in the case of Markdown you do exactly the same. Substitute your mailto: link for the URL that would be in a normal Markdown link.

1 Like

Thank you @elixirgraphics . That works :wink:

Markdown isn’t really all that hard. It is just different. I knew you could figure it out. :blush:

1 Like

Thanks @elixirgraphics. In Foundry version 2 there is the option from within the paragraph stack to check a box asking if a text link is to be opened in a new browser tab or not. Using this markdown approach this option is now no longer available. Is there a way to create this using markdown - alternatively do suggest another approach to this ? Thanks in advance | Justin

Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 11.34.27

Hi, just use the html code for this - you can use html in the markdown stack.

<a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/" target="_blank">freeCodeCamp</a>
3 Likes