Massive Error Log: Alloy

Hi, I’m getting the following errors:

[02-Jan-2022 21:11:33 Africa/Harare] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: currentPage in /home/sufqstzm/public_html/earthprobiotic.co.za/Alloy_Blog/index.php on line 223
[02-Jan-2022 21:11:33 Africa/Harare] PHP Notice: Undefined index: author in /home/sufqstzm/public_html/earthprobiotic.co.za/Alloy_Blog/index.php on line 325
[02-Jan-2022 21:11:33 Africa/Harare] PHP Notice: Undefined index: small-label in /home/sufqstzm/public_html/earthprobiotic.co.za/Alloy_Blog/index.php on line 328
[02-Jan-2022 21:11:33 Africa/Harare] PHP Notice: Undefined index: topper in /home/sufqstzm/public_html/earthprobiotic.co.za/Alloy_Blog/index.php on line 331
[02-Jan-2022 21:11:33 Africa/Harare] PHP Notice: Undefined index: topperalt in /home/sufqstzm/public_html/earthprobiotic.co.za/Alloy_Blog/index.php on line 332
[02-Jan-2022 21:11:33 Africa/Harare] PHP Notice: Undefined index: summary in /home/sufqstzm/public_html/earthprobiotic.co.za/Alloy_Blog/index.php on line 333
[02-Jan-2022 21:11:33 Africa/Harare] PHP Notice: Undefined index: author in /home/sufqstzm/public_html/earthprobiotic.co.za/Alloy_Blog/index.php on line 340
[02-Jan-2022 21:11:33 Africa/Harare] PHP Notice: Undefined index: author in /home/sufqstzm/public_html/earthprobiotic.co.za/Alloy_Blog/index.php on line 342

This is just a sample (which repeats). The error log runs to 627.8 MB (and this for only for the logs from the 2nd to 4th of January)!

Using AlloyBlog V.3.2.0 with RW Version 8.9.3 (20888). Environmental, recycling and composting news and opinions.

What have I done wrong with my setup?

Thank you,

Gavin

Hi Gavin. Did your hosting company by any chance update their PHP version and your Alloy is not the latest version? I’m asking because I know xneelo in South Africa just updated all their domains to PHP 8 minimum, which would mean, if you are using older PHP, it could give you errors?

Not sure if that would help?

Thanks for the input Joe. I’m going to check on this. I’m using domains.co.za as my host.

:ok_hand: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Hope you come right. Otherwise I’m sure Adam will be able to sort you out shortly.

Hi @GavinH

These are all notices, not errors. There’s no problem with these and they should not be causing you any problems. If you’d rather not see notices in your log, these can be turned off in your PHP setup. But like I said, these are of no real consequence.

Thanks. Just that they take up a space on my server (which is a little maxed out at the moment).

I’ll turn them off.

1 Like