Navigation menu parent items without child items

When I add a navigation stack to my page, and then add a “parent item”, sometimes the 3 “child items” will appear below it. If I try adding another parent item, the child items disappear. If I drag another nav stack onto my page, and add a parent item then 3 child items will show. If I drag that parent/child section onto the NavBar that I first created then the child items disappear.
The problem is that if I build out a NavBar, and try to add any new parent/child items, my work disappears. I can no longer edit the menu items.

Any Ideas about why this stack might be “flaking out”.
Foundry is v3.2024.01.17. Proper Theme is selected. I don’t have other non-Foundry stacks on the page.

Zipped Project File
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj4NEK7e41Rz5c5RdSXv30z7bV3XyA?e=cJdUYV

Hi @IdahoSAM Sorry but there isn’t RW project in your archive.

Odd. I tried again with another zip of the file. I opened it and unzipped the RW project in it. If this doesn’t work, I will have to use Dropbox, but it is not installed on my Mac
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj4NEK7e41Rz5c5U9nKznnp4GJOpLQ?e=eAfVm1

I just tried the link and the file is there. You will see the NavBar a couple of stacks from the top. Dropdowns without child items showing, though they do show in preview. If I try to add another parent item, no child items show.

Thanks

Hi again, now it works. So I tried to add a dropdown menu, remove a child item, add two, add another dropdown menu… all works fine. Maybe I don’t understand exactly what is the problem you encounter :thinking:

I had the same behaviour yesterday where the child items wouldn’t show up. If I clicked the little blue icon on the stack, they would appear (but that would also toggle off the settings panel).

However, I just re-opened the file and it is displaying as expected so I don’t know what is/was behind it. Other than trying a restart of RW/your mac, not sure what to suggest.

In just the simple one page demo file I still get no child windows, only the parent ones open. I can add a new dropdown with children but they also eventually “disappear” as well. I guess I need a different navigation stack as I can’t figure this one out

Hi, it’s weird. It doesn’t appear to me at all. What’s your Mac and macOS version, also RW and Stacks version ?

I think it could also be a problem of screen size. I had this same difficulty with Foundry Navbar.
As you can see on the screenshots, when left and right panels are opened, I cannot see the child items, but, if I close them, they appear.

2 Likes

Hi @annebourdon Yes I reproduced the issue. I didn’t get it because I’m always fullscreen on 27". @IdahoSAM you can check “Solution” I think. Thank you very much Anne :+1:

1 Like

@annebourdon How very odd! How you found the solution to this I have no idea. However, you are right on with this. Closing BOTH panels allows the child items to reappear, as long as I am using the highest resolution on my 5k monitor.

I wonder if this is a Foundry issue that Adam should be aware of?

I have had this kind of problem (things not visible on small screen) years ago, but not with an Elixir product. The developper answered me that my screen was too small. So now, when I don’t see something, I suspect my screen…
I don’t think that Adam can do something to avoid it, but as developers often use large screens, they are not aware of these issues.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.