Newbie using Tabs

Hi All - I’m trying to recreate a 20 year old site for a client and am having trouble understanding the Tab component. I thought it would work like this: each of my tabs as a stack drop, where I can place the content for that tab. Only the first tab is showing content, though I have dropped a text object into the other tabs. So clicking on tab One would take me to content One, tab Two to content Two etc. What am I missing here? Latest versions of RW, Stacks and Foundry.

We’d need to know what content you’ve placed in your other tabs to know if you have a problem. Sharing your project file with us as well as a live URL to the problem page would help us in diagnosing your problem. That said, if you’re using something like Reveal or a Slider or something in your tabs you’re likely going to run into problems. They should not be nested.

Thanks for the quick reply! I don’t have a URL (that I know of) because I’m transferring the domain from one host to another. How do I share a RW project file? When I choose export, it says my web address is incorrect. Sorry to be so confused… I only have a text stack in the “overview” tab. I put a text stack in another tab, and it doesn’t show up when I click on that tab. - John

I hope this will help solve my problem with Tabs. It is the Mathsemantics page which uses the Tab component. I’ve only begun to work on this site, please excuse… and thanks!
TabProblemSite.zip (932.7 KB)

That is your exported site unfortunately.

Create a ZIP file containing your project file. This is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site. After creating the ZIP file, upload it using a service like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Droplr, or a similar service to create download link for us. Paste that download link in your reply.

As for a URL. The URL would be the live page that you’ve published from RapidWeaver to your server.

I loaded your exported site up to take a quick look. The problem is you’re using a theme that is not the blank Foundry theme that comes with your Foundry purchase. That Foundry theme contains some of the necessary code for Foundry stacks – including the Tabs stack.

Have a watch of the Quick Start videos to see how Foundry works (especially the build a simple site video: Getting started with Foundry

Thank you so much for looking and getting me going in the correct direction. My apologies… it’s been a while since I used RW-Foundry and now it’s relearning time!

1 Like