Open modal using a Header Link

Is there a way to open a modal from a Header Link or even List Group Link? I know how to open the modal from a button, but there are options for the button to do so.
I am using Version 3 Foundry

@IdahoSAM I’m not sure what you mean by: “I know how to open the modal from a button, but there are options for the button to do so.” I’m guessing there’s a typo or missing word.

In HTML speak I can create a modal link using:

<a href="#" data-bs-toggle="modal" data-bs-target="#unique-modal-namel">text-user-sees-to-open-modal</a>

Adam likely has a better/more elegant way to do this. But this is the simplest way for me to do it and I use modals a lot.

Those tools are not designed to trigger a Modal. You can do though as @mitchellm suggests to customize your content in those two tools to trigger your Modal though. Next major update of Foundry it likely to include more options for triggering modals though.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. @mitchellm I got your code to partially work. Your code works. I noticed if I created a Header, the option to link to a modal was present towards the bottom of the options panel.
Links from a header or button or other stack to open other stacks like the Off-Canvas stack would be great in the future.

Thanks of your help.