Pages publish as black blanks

Since adding content to a test folder, (and since I also updated the server to PHP 8 - but the issue arose before that), some pages on the site qa4eo.org - that uses the Lunar theme - no longer publish, showing as black blank pages.

For instance About QA4EO

So, I tried editing the .htaccess to no avail. The only thing that made a difference was to change RW Advanced settings to untick ‘Tidy website links’, which has enabled some pages to show but not all (eg ‘about/’).

I can’t see any RW stack settings that are different about the ‘about’ page… All Stacks, Themes updated to latest.

Any ideas how to fix?

The page you linked to seems to have two javascript errors. The first relates to fancybox, the second is a error 500, which is pretty generic.

The Lunar theme does not have a “fancybox” javascript library included, so it is likely related to something else on that page. Perhaps Armadillo? I’d try removing one thing at a time and see if the problem clears up. Then you’ll know exactly what is causing your problem.

Thanks Adam,

I’ve stripped back all the Armadillo CMS content for now to focus on fixing underlying issues; a good opportunity to address these before adding that back (I’ve also requested help for Armadillo).

So… I took the opportunity to change the site structure to follow your suggestions of having top level pages in folders (which was contrary to other advice online when set up, but I thought I should do that before asking for help here as you suggested). BUT this has caused no end of hassles with broken links, that for ad hoc links you might expected but not links set in RW (menu headers, buttons etc), which don’t seem fixable in all cases.

For example… ‘documents/’ does not automatically open 'documents/index.php - and neither does the documents menu.

Also, ad hoc links to ‘documents/’ you would think should redirect to ‘documents/links.php’ which does not happen, even after unclicking ‘tidy website links’ in RW Advanced settings…

Is there anything I can do without having to delete pages and starting from scratch again…?

I’m not sure I’m following you, as we’re probably not using the same shop jargon here. Share your project file with us so we can take a look at it.

Please provide us a copy of your project file.

Create a ZIP file containing your project file. This is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site. After creating the ZIP file, upload it using a service like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Droplr, or a similar service to create download link for us. Paste that download link in your reply.

That said I can’t offer a lot of advice and help on building your site, but I can look to see that my. product isn’t causing you issues.

Thanks,
The unexpected behaviour is that the files at / level do not always default to /index.php but show previous versions… Eg a link in the footer ESA_ENRIN continues to incorrectly link to an internal link despite me correcting that link to an external one… This is not a cache issue AFAIK as other devices and an unused browser like Firefox shows this unwanted behaviour of showing a previous version at / .

Ultimately I intend to re-connect Armadillo but first I’d like to get the attached working optimally.

Thanks for offering to look here’s a link: iCloud

… Tim

From your description it sounds like you’re saying you have both index.html and index.php files on your server in various folders. The index.html file will always be chosen first. It is just a matter of logging in to your server via FTP and removing the index.html files.