Pair Navigation

I’m just working on a project I started a couple of weeks ago. I’ve publish a test site and the “pair navigation with banner” works a treat.

But now (since updating Foundation), when I preview the site the pairing isn’t working. I’m wondering if it is related to the update or something else. It could be something I’ve done, but I haven’t changed much, and what I changed I’ve undone.

I didn’t adjust anything dealing with paring of the Banners and Navigation Bars in the latest Foundry update (v1.2.2.2). If you send along your current project file I will take a look at it at my next chance though.

I’m not 100% sure how it worked before, but I’m pretty sure I didn’t have the Nav Bar inside the banner. After moving the Nav Bar into the banner, it works.

After moving the nav into the banner, my header text is no longer vertically aligned so it’s confusing.

Anyway, I can pair the nav with the banner so it’s no longer an issue.

Thanks

Yes, the Navigation Bar is designed to be placed within the Banner stack when using the pairing option. So you’re on track it sounds like.

After moving the nav into the banner, my header text is no longer vertically aligned so it’s confusing.

Not sure I follow.

I’m pretty sure that before the pairing it worked without placing the nav bar inside the banner. I know that might not make sense.

After moving the nav bar into the banner, the header text I had in there moved up inside the banner so it’s no longer vertically in the centre of the banner.

I had a pretty hard weekend at a birthday party, so I might not be making much sense :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure that before the pairing it worked without placing the nav bar inside the banner. I know that might not make sense.

The pairing looks for the closest parent that has a specific class name for pairing. If it worked by chance before it was a fluke. It is definitely supposed to be placed within the banner to work properly.

After moving the nav bar into the banner, the header text I had in there moved up inside the banner so it’s no longer vertically in the centre of the banner.

It is likely still centered vertically within the banner. But now your navigation bar is also in that banner, but placed using absolute positioning. Please post a screenshot and I’ll have a look and show you what I mean.

Sorry for not replying before.

I had a long conversation with the client last night and we decided not to go with the banner pairing after all. Nothing to do with the issue I had, he just prefers a white background.

But it will be easier for me to implement now for the next time.

Thanks @elixirgraphics

1 Like