Paperclip studios (Flux project)

paperclip studios

After Flux was released, I had to use it somewhere. Lucky me, my own website was overdue so I spent a day to give it a refresh and port it to flux for some of the elements. The site itself is nothing special, it’s just a simple “business card page”.

It took me a bit to get a decent layout for desktop and mobile, and I am pretty sure I am not done with it yet :joy:

/heiko

9 Likes

Very nice. I can’t wait to have a proper go with Flux

3 Likes

Nice one. One issue on tablet (see screenshot). There’s overlap at some point.

I see the same on desktop now, maybe it’s supposed to be this way?

Cheers,
Hans

2 Likes

Yes, you’re right. The overlapping is intentional. But I didn’t check the site on the tablet and in Tablet Portrait, the overlapping is to much.

(To be honest, I need to redo the references. I’ve lost the source PSD some time ago and was simply to lazy to re-collect all images. I think this is a good time now :laughing:)

1 Like

You’ve got great references. It’s a shame to hide them. :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers,

Hans

1 Like

Looks great! I’ll have to look more into Flex too. I watched a video or two that came across my YouTube feed but I haven’t looked really deep into all the things it can do yet.

1 Like

True. For the mean time, I reworked the section a bit so there’s no overlapping and some textural (and updated) references. The overlapping was simply a bad idea. Thanks for pointing out.

1 Like

Adams Videos on Flux are great. They even helped me to get my head around about my lacking CSS grid knowledge.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. I’m far from a CSS Grid expert. You want a real expert, head over here.

There’s a lot to CSS Grid. I expect it to grow over time and hopefully as it does there’ll be parts of that growth we can incorporate into the Flux stack, too.

3 Likes

I’ll check that out, too.

But again, thanks for the effort you do to document your stacks, especially with the videos. they add a great value to your work!

/heiko

3 Likes

I’ll have to add that to my list to watch. This week I’ve been focused on learning Potion and Thunder which are fantastic! The tools bring my project so much further then the base Foundry set. Alloy is probably the next thing to learn for me, I haven’t decided what I’ll study next though.

3 Likes

Hi @Kip , Alloy is a really great addition to Foundry, Potion and Thunder. A few of my clients use the Embeds of Alloy as CMS. They are all very pleased with this set up.

So yes, some learning to do :grinning:

Cheers,

Hans

2 Likes

As I’ve been working with the site I may pass up on a blog for now. I’ve been re-reading my content that is on there and, if I’m being honest I don’t think most of it is that good. I decided to pick out the best pieces and put them on the other pages. I would still like to try it but most likely it won’t be until much later in this year. Foundry, Thunder, and Potion have enough stacks to keep learning for quite some time. I keep looking for ways to put more of them to use.

1 Like