Paragraph Stack

I’m using the paragraph stack for some text here and I’m trying to center the text. In RW, I can see the text is centered but on the site itself it’s not centered.
Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong or not doing?

Also, I’ve embedded a map under that paragraph stack using the HTML stack (not Foundry), I’d like to know if the Foundy paragraph stack serves the same function as the HTML stack. I’d prefer to use all Foundry stacks wherever possible.

Thanks

Hey there @Neil

I’m using the paragraph stack for some text here1 and I’m trying to center the text. In RW, I can see the text is centered but on the site itself it’s not centered.
Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong or not doing?

Best way for me to look at it would be to have your project file in-hand. Post a Dropbox, or similar download link, here or send it to be via email and I can take a look.

Also, I’ve embedded a map under that paragraph stack using the HTML stack (not Foundry), I’d like to know if the Foundy paragraph stack serves the same function as the HTML stack. I’d prefer to use all Foundry stacks wherever possible.

The HTML stack is the most basic of all stacks, as it should be. There’s no Foundry equivalent because there is no need for one. If you’re embedding code you want to use that HTML stack that comes with Stacks.

So I took a look at your project file. The Paragraph stack in question had an <h4> header tag within it that you hand coded. This is what is causing your problem. You’ll want to place your header outside of the Paragraph stack. You can do so most easily by using a Header stack. The Paragraph stack is placing <p> paragraph tags around the content in the Paragraph stack. This is not something normal RW Styled Text pages do, so I can see the confusion.

Hope that helps out.

1 Like

Many thanks @elixirgraphics,

That solved the issue. I never really considered using a header stack in that situation, but that’s what I should have tried and will use in the future.

Thanks again for your great support, especially at the weekend.

1 Like