Popover not behaving

I have created a Popover button (from Potion) on my Welcome page to alert visitors to the most recently added text/items. When first added this stack worked well and would show approx 25 words (not sure what the max would be but 25 was more than enough for me.

Now, Popover only shows what will fit on a single line. In case a recognised bug was found I have dowloaded all updates I came across, and then re-opened. I also removed the stack and dragged a new version from the Potion stacks library, and retyped the text in the Content window.

Popover sits within a two-column stack and inside a margin for the column.

Assistance would be appreciated.

You’re going to have to supply us with a link to the problem page, as a minimum, for us to be able to assist you. Without that we’re just guessing at things. It would also be helpful to have a copy of your project file in hand to be able to have a look at how you’ve configured things.

Provide us a copy of your project file please, along with a link to the live site.

Create a ZIP file containing your project file. This is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site. After creating the ZIP file, upload it using a service like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Droplr, or a similar service to create download link for us. Paste that download link in your reply.

Also, please note for us which page the problem is on.

Thanks Adam. I will use WeTransfer, but I need an email address; the only one I can see is a noreply one which automatically grey out (noreply@elixir.support). Then I think I will be good to go.

Mikesaoee2

You can post the download URL here. That way if I’m not around someone else here might also be able to help you and expedite the problem solving and troubleshooting. If you really don’t want to do that you can use adam at elixirgraphics dot com — but with it being the weekend I may not be able to get back to you until Monday.

Also please don’t forget to paste the url to the live site here, too.

Looks like you’ve got an un-escaped quote mark in that Popover’s content:

CleanShot 2021-12-04 at 15.11.21

Remove that quote and you’ll be good to go. If you still want or need the quotation mark, then you’ll need to escape it. Replace the quote mark with " instead.

You have to do this as the popover content is delivered via an HTML attribute, and that content is already in a pair of double quotation marks. So yours is breaking up attribute’s quote pair.

Have a nice rest of the weekend.

1 Like

Thanks so much Adam – and on your weekend as well! I think I must remember not to use quotation marks at all, too much of a risk for those of us who don’t do code. All working sweetly. An opportunity to say I appreciate the Elixir Foundry experience; I keep learning something new every day. Mike.

1 Like