Problems with Form stack (Foundry 3)

Hi everyone,
I’m having a problem with the form stack in Foundry 3. The response I’m getting having clicked the submit button is,
" Message could not be sent.
An error occurred sending your message.
Error: SMTP connect() failed. Troubleshooting · PHPMailer/PHPMailer Wiki · GitHub".

As far as I’m aware, all the email to & from settings are correct. Website is triosh3.co.uk

Any help would be gratefully received. :slightly_smiling_face:

Steve

That error indicates something is not correctly configured with your SMTP settings. Be sure to double check with your host what the proper settings and passwords are for your SMTP setup.

Thanks for the quick reply, Adam. Much appreciated.
I’m sure the SMTP settings are correct, they’re the same as those for my mail account for this site and that works fine. I will check again and let you know if I find a mistake.
Steve

1 Like

Be sure to apply the sending settings for SMTP, not receiving.

Thanks for the suggestions, Adam & TemplateRepo.

Finally got it sorted. I was using an email address from another of my sites (hosted on the same server) *****@stevehowlett.com as the recipient address, it wasn’t having that. Set up another ***@triosh3.co.uk email account which then managed to send the email to the visitor. Finally checked the server settings at the web host and found the emails to me were treated as junk.

Thanks again for the help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.