Recent Posts Stack / Header Length

Hello,

I found the settings for the Summery length in the Recent Post stack but none for the “Header Length”

I would like the header length to be the same as on this website
Sparkle - Blog (egomade.com)

What settings do I have to make so that the header length can be adjusted?

Thanks and regards from Berlin,
Brian

Hi Brian, not sure what you mean. The header is your title, no? You can determine the font size in the Blog Entries stack. And then it’s up to you to make a title as long as you want.

Or am I missing your point?

Hans

hello,

sorry that I have explained this so unclear

the headline in the post is more than 50 characters long. however, in the “Recent Post Stack”, the headline is cut off after 40 characters. (see screenshot)

I would also like to have this in my blog. so that the headline under the “Recent Blog Posts” is always in one line and does not wrap around.

Provide me a copy of your project file please.

Create a ZIP file containing your project file. This is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site. After creating the ZIP file, upload it using a service like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Droplr, or a similar service to create download link for me. Send me a direct message with the download link.

Hey again @Pegasus

I wanted to dive into some work and decided not to wait on your project file. I looked through the page you linked to because it acts differently than the way the stock Recent Posts stack is supposed to. There is no code limiting the titles of the posts in the Recent Posts stack, so I thought it odd that they were being truncated. I found the following code on the page, which is not a part of Alloy:

.recent-posts li {
    width: 320px;
    white-space: nowrap;
    overflow: hidden;
    text-overflow: ellipsis;
}

This code seems to be a part of the prebuilt project file. Remove this custom code from the project file and the Recent Posts’ titles will not be truncated. That custom code was likely added by @egomade , the developer of the project file, to tidy things up, as with it removed this is what you will get:

1 Like

@elixirgraphics

the code is exactly what I was looking for. i have already integrated the code on my website and it works. now the Recent Posts’ titles look much nicer :slight_smile:

thank you very much for your always excellent and very fast support.