Reposted: Best Self-Hosted Video Stack

Looking for the best option for a Video Stack that allows for self-hosted videos in 2020

Player from stacks4stacks:

3 Likes

Ok, thanks for that. I just need to check the the difference between their "Player" and "VideoPlayer"

Looking good!

Since I’m looking for a non-Vimeo and definitely a non-youtube solution to share my video’s this looks suitable. I don’t like the 4K to SD conversion, YouTube is using.

Is there any way to include local video within Alloy btw?

Cheers, Peter

All done. Thank you for the link https://stacks4stacks.com/player/

You can use HTML within Markdown. Being that Alloy uses Markdown for its blogs you can embed videos or add your own code for self hosted videos. Alloy itself does not handle video files itself.

1 Like

Thank you for that information regarding self hosted videos within Alloy using Markdown

Hi there, wondering what markdown code I’d use to embed a self hosted video?
Many thanks

@scottf Hi, markdown can’t directly embed a self hosted video. You have to use HTML or iframe in markdown area.
An example for HTML :
<video width=“640” height=“360” controls>
<source src=“path-to-your-video-file.mp4” type=“video/mp4”>
</video> »
« \ »at the beginning of each line have to be erased (markdown syntax to avoid code execution in this forum message). Of course the web browser have to support video.

An example for iframe :
<iframe src=“URL-to-your-video-player” width=“640” height=“360” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen>
« \ » have to be erased again :slight_smile:
Hope that helps.