Shutter Batch Mode Problem

I used batch mode for the first time in a project with the shutter stack. I had Shutter create the “batch/xy…” directory, which worked fine. Then I dragged the images with the .JPG extension into the directory and reloaded the web page. Unfortunately, nothing happens there. By the way, I see in the FTP that the thumbnails were not generated either.

One more thing: I first had Shutter inside a grid stack. Since I thought that might be a problem, I now have it in a margins and a container stack. However, this did not change anything for the first time.

What could be the problem?

Matts

Have you ensured you have Generate Thumbnails enabled in Shutter?

If you haven’t had a chance, or haven’t checked them out in a while, there are some tutorial videos on setting up Shutter on the Support Page for Shutter.

Yes I have activated that.

I’ve already watched the two videos on the support page several times to make sure I haven’t missed anything.

Up to the point where Shutter automatically generates the batch directory, everything works. Simply when I copy images via ftp to that folder, nothing shows up in the browser and no thumbnails are generated.

You wrote in the other thread that there are often problems because of the PHP settings. PHP is used by us for other databases or forms. Where would I have to look for a problem here?

Something you can check to start:

• Make sure your images are JPGs. This means saving them yourself to ensure that they’re actually JPG images and not just PNGs or another image type saved with a JPG extension.
  • Check to make sure filenames are web safe. This means no spaces or special characters in the filename.

If these things don’t resolve your issue we’ll need some things to help diagnose it further. Provide us a ZIP file with the following items:

• A copy of your project file. This is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site.
  • A folder containing your original images you’re trying to use in your gallery.
  • A copy of your PHP error log file from your server.

After creating the ZIP file, upload it using a service like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Droplr, or a similar service to create download link for us. Paste that download link in your reply.

Also, please provide a URL to the live page with Shutter as well as let us know what version of PHP you’re running on your server.

1 Like

I should have followed the first thought I discarded at the time. Apparently my Sony camera is doing something weird with the JPG’s even though the images are JPG images when analyzing the Exif data.

I have now opened the images and just resaved them as a copy. macOS has given these copies the extension jpeg and I have left it that way and not changed it to jpg. And with these copies Shutter works fine.

Sometimes you judge something to be completely wrong instead of just doing it. :roll_eyes: Sorry about that and thanks for your support!

1 Like

Glad you got it sorted. I’ll mark this thread as solved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.