Shutter PHP Version Update

Hi Adam, do you have plans on updating Shutter’s PHP requirements? Since 7.4 is depreciated I have moved to 8.1. Now I’m receiving a PHP error: PHP Deprecated: Implicit conversion from float 325.3765060240964 to int loses precision

Looks like a depreciation warning and not an error. Is Shutter ceasing to work? I believe in my testing Shutter worked fine in PHP 8 here. Do you have your PHP install set to display warnings and errors? If so turn that off.

When I add photos to the directory, and refresh the page, I get that error and a couple of others. Many of the thumbnails fail to generate. I had to remove it off the page because it takes a long time to load.

I didn’t mention it before, but my version of Shutter is 1.0.1. I do not have display warnings on.

This could be from the type and size of the images you’re using. I’d need a folder of your original image files you’re uploading.

When you send that please also send me a copy of your PHP error log file and your project file.

Create a ZIP file containing these files. For reference the project file is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site. After creating the ZIP file, upload it using a service like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Droplr, or a similar service to create download link for us. Paste that download link in a direct message to me.

To review the ZIP file should contain the following:

• Project file
  • Original Image files
  • PHP error log file