Shutter stack not showing when published

I have a site published and everything works except my page with my new shutter stack. I have read every post and reply regarding shutter and it seems I am not the only one having this issue. I can see the images in preview mode but once it is published they cannot be seen, the stacks I have after the shutter stack also do not show. I started using unsplash images which is shown in the tutorial and should work just fine, but they don’t I get the “error image could not be generated”. Then I switched them all to my own jpg images and now they simply don’t show up at all even though I have the generate thumbnails section checked. Any thoughts?

We’ll need some things to help diagnose your issue. Provide us a ZIP file with the following items:

• A copy of your project file. This is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site. After creating the ZIP file, upload it using a service like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Droplr, or a similar service to create download link for us. Paste that download link in your reply.
  • A folder containing your original images you’re trying to use in your gallery.
  • A copy of your PHP error log file from your server.

As an aside about Unsplash – many of their images are PNGs. Most. These cannot be used, so it was a good choice to try and use your own JPG images. That said I’d still like to take a look at your images, in addition to the other items above.

Also, please provide a URL to the live page with Shutter as well as let us know what version of PHP you’re running on your server.

1 Like

https://classiccc.synology.me:1748/d/s/uCRlDqcgcZgpVT5rPQyXGkocqtrxBwyh/KjGyF-Oa2DV7MAJu6MfHroyYG6KXH_wz-xLzAtfzijgo

The zip file and original images are in this link

https://www.classiccc.com

The page that has the shutter stack is gallery. As you will see I have four images in my folder but only three of them are showing on my page. In addition I also tried it on a brand new page titled test and none of those images are showing up at all. I am not sure how to view my PHP error log or how to find which version I am using.

Can you try giving the files web safe filenames for me? Remove spaces in this case. you can use dashes or underscores in their place. An extension of jpg is more common as well. A 'jpeg extension should work, but for me try renaming them all to have a jpg extension.

I also see some of your images are saved as progressive JPGs. This too should be no problem, but as a way of trying to make sure everything is the same across the board you might want to save them all as non-progressive JPGs.

After fixing those filenames and making the non-progressive create a new gallery with the images and give it another try.

I have made these changes and everything works on the gallery page if it is 500px or less wide, as soon as it exceeds 500 it no longer works, is there a reason for this? None of the images on the test page work even with these changes.

Seems to be working here for me when I view your Gallery page, no matter the width of the page: https://d.pr/v/ke9XOj

I’ve published the project file you sent me, without making any alterations to it besides publishing location, and it seems to be doing fine: Test | Classic Closets & Cabinets

This likely indicates to me that there’s something to do with your PHP configuration at play here.

I am not sure how to view my PHP error log or how to find which version I am using.

This varies from host to host. You’d need to check your host’s documentation on where to retrieve this information and the log file. It would greatly help to have the PHP error log file.

There was an issue with our PHP. It’s fixed now thanks

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.