Table odd/even row colour setting has no effect on table body

Hello Support,

It seems that the odd/even row settings have no effect on the table body behaviour. I have tested the table definition in a separate project and shows the same behaviour as in my site development. Please also see the expample included below. This is in Foundry v3.2023/08.10. Can you have a look into it please?

Thanks and regards, Bas

Can you provide me your project file so I can look at it tomorrow when I’m in the office?

Create a ZIP file containing your project file. This is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site. After creating the ZIP file, upload it using a service like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Droplr, or a similar service to create download link for us. Paste that download link in your reply.

Hello Adam,

Thanks for the fast “weekend” support. The project zip file can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/of1fr911jqhycmd09qh0h/h?rlkey=5trxqycmkdjf8av3cxopq2s9b&dl=0

Best regards, Bas

Looks like this is related to the recent Bootstrap update. They added some additional CSS variables in and one seems to be overriding my styling for the rows. I’ll have a look and see what I can do for this.

Meanwhile I have rebuilt the table using list groups/items. Looking ok now.

Cool deal. Like I said, there’ll be an update for the Table tool in a future update.

I found this thread while trying to figure out why cel-level styling overrides aren’t working!

Glad you found the thread. Did you have a question or issue?

My cel-level styling overrides aren’t working. No matter what colour I choose from the dropdown, the cel stays stuck at the same colour defined at the table level.

I’m guessing this is a result of the aforementioned Bootstrap update and can’t be fixed (yet)?

What version of Foundry are you using? I ask because I looked through the release notes and it looks like I sent an update out for this in v3.2023.09.05

Let me know what version of Foundry you’re using.

Version 3.2023.09.06

Send over your project file and give me a detailed description of the problem you’re facing and I can have a look.

Create a ZIP file containing your project file. This is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site. After creating the ZIP file, upload it using a service like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Droplr, or a similar service to create download link for us. Paste that download link in your reply.

If you don’t want to share your current project then recreate the problem in a new project file and send that instead.

Here’s the .zip Dropbox - Waterdown Music Academy (Foundry 3).rw8.zip - Simplify your life

I also made a screencast of me trying to change a cel’s background colour: https://www.waterdownmusicacademy.ca/warehouse/foundry_support.mp4

EDIT TO ADD: I can change a header cell’s colour, but not anything in any other row.

Looks like individual cells are also affected. Let me look into this and see if I can get something adjusted in a smaller update. If not it might have to wait for the larger update I’m currently working on.

Thanks so much - amazing (and fast!) support as always, Adam.

Don’t get too excited. Bootstrap added a lot of !important declarations in these cells, rows, et al. I don’t know if I’ll be able to override them for individual cells or not.

1 Like

Even if not, I still appreciate the effort.

2 Likes

My initial testing shows that if I do it as an inline style I can override the background color, but that comes at a cost – not hover styling for the background. You can’t apply hover styling as an inline property. I’m going to revisit this tomorrow, but that might have to be the compromise.

Definitely a compromise I’m willing to make!

I think I have something sorted out. I need to do a test or two on it, then I can push it out as an update.