Templates for Foundry 3

After some years using Foundry 2 I’ve just installed Foundry 3.
I’m trying to ad a banner from templates “Carpenter” but it doesn’t work, error is that it’s a Foundry 2 template, see attached screen dump.
Isn’t Carpenter templates not for Foundry 3?

No, sorry @johnjaeger, the templates for Foundry 2 will not work with Foundry 3. Foundry 3 is completely different under the hood. Your purchase though comes with some free Starter Kits and Templates if you look in the Extras folder that came in your Foundry 3 DMG file.

I found them, but when I place them, I get the “Stack Missing” error despite Foundry 3 and all its stacks being loaded.
Please see attached jpg where stacks are marked in project and with a line to the stacks in Foundry 3 folder

The stacks you’re showing are likely Foundry 2. For instance Nav Bar Pro – That is not in Foundry v3 at all. I suspect you’ve again loaded Foundry 2 templates but are using Foundry v3. The templates that come with Foundry 3 will work with Foundry 3 only and vice versa, Foundry 2 templates only work with Foundry 2.

I’ve downloaded Foundry 3, unpacked it and opened Extras, opened Supplemental Template, form folder I opened Maker Template Pack in RWC, no problems.
In left pane I see all Pages and I External I see all the templates that relates to Pages.
Nothing else is opened I RW - and that’s why I not understand how it be a Foundry 2 template.
I’ve openedGetting Started and try place Team #2 copy on the page but error is that it think it’s a Foundry 2
Attached you find screen dump from RWC

I found a way around this - I simply drag templates from left pane to a new project, then there’s no error

The templates in the library are for Foundry 2. Foundry 3 does not use this system as it confused many users. The templates for Foundry 3 and simply get copied and pasted from the project files.

Jus go to a page in the Maker Template pack and copy the content from that page to your page in your project.

What confused me is, that Externals are attached to Foundry 3 package Extra folder and are installed when Supplemental Templates is opened in RWC, then it’s reasonable to believe they belong to Foundry 3
As told I figured out to manage but i’s a bit tricky to have to drag the “page” with External into my own project and then create it as an External or Partial.
But regardless, it works :grinning:

Externals, as far as I understand, live in your library and not in a project file. They’re designed that way so that you can use them across different projects. They’re external to the project.