Tesla Pro: navigation bar questions/problems

Hello, I am new here. waves shyly into the room

I use RapidWeaver Classic (9) to maintain a project website, and I switched to the Tesla Pro theme yesterday. So far I am quite happy with the result, but there is one thing that keeps puzzling me and I have not yet found a solution for this, despite spending many hours checking the documentation and searching the 'net.

The website is here: https://kiscon.org

You can see that the navigation bar displays some odd behaviour. The background colour for hover / current menu item does not fill the full height of the navbar but only “highlights” the text of the menu item. Same for the subnavigation bar. Only those menu items that have subpages display the full height.
I had a good and long look at the Tesla Pro example file that came with the purchase, tried to understand the css under the hood, but I cannot figure out what is wrong in my project.
On the RapidWeaver forum yesterday I got some advice how to change the background colour of the navbar via css (which is good to know), but no solution how to fix the wrong height of the hover/current colour.

Would be lovely if someone here had an idea for me. <3

Good morning @flyingsaucer and welcome aboard. :vulcan_salute:

It would be helpful to have a copy of your project file on hand to be able to look through it when troubleshooting.

Please provide us a copy of your project file.

Create a ZIP file containing your project file. This is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site. After creating the ZIP file, upload it using a service like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Droplr, or a similar service to create download link for us. Paste that download link in your reply.

Thank you!

Here is the zip file of my project: KiScon_website_2024.rwc.zip - Google Drive

Your site-wide custom CSS is causing you this headache:

Ah, is it the line height??

OMG, I just took out that one line and indeed - it was the line height. I feel so stupid now. Thank you.

Not a problem at all. No reason to feel stupid. There’s always a lot going on with web design. One little thing can be a weeks-long headache!

Have a nice holiday!

2 Likes

Thank you so much. Joyful holidays to you and a happy new year!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.