Text link to open an image in a Lightbox

I am creating a page with lots of links to different resources. Many of these are images. (Old Wordpress example: radbucket.com)

I’d like to replicate the functionality of the radbucket.com page where a user can click on one of those links, and if the link is an image, have the image open up in a Lightbox. When the user is finished they close the Lightbox and remain on the same page.

ex: in the middle column, the fist link says “Proximal Humerus Fx” and when a user clicks on that link an image pops up in a Lightbox.

Please help with the best way to use foundry for this. I have tried the zoom and modal options, but they don’t work the same. It needs to be from text → light boxed image. (not image to larger image)

Thanks!

@jarroddale One stack you might want to consider is called Paperless. More here:

It doesn’t do everything you want, but can easily handle lots of files. Paperless is super easy to set up. On the other hand, the stack Repository comes even closer … so might be worth a look.

If you set up a set of images (not text links) then there is a stack called LiteBox that you can apply which will lightbox each of the images. And, of course, there are gallery stacks.

… another approach is not to use a lightbox, but to associate a modal with each link. This is a way to have an image pop up.

Given everything you write I’m guessing the link to a modal is the best approach.

It’s been a very hectic week for me, so I may be missing something even better. If it were me, in the same situation, I’d go the link to modal route since I’m assuming some links do other things (e.g. go to another website). Modals are very flexible and well implemented in Foundry 3.